Athletics Positions – Full-Time
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, Caldwell University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff, and student body. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 31 undergraduate and 31 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate, and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities, and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community, and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Caldwell University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion within its community.
Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach/Administrator (Req. #1971)
Caldwell University invites applications for a full-time Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach/Administrator, Athletics. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President and Director, Athletics the Administrator/Coach will serve as recreation and intramural coordinator, facilitator of Student-Athlete Affairs programming, supervisor of athletic home events, and Head Lacrosse Coach.
– Recruiting prospective student-athletes and recommending students to receive athletic grants and aid scholarships.
– Interviewing and recommending qualified candidates for any assistant men’s lacrosse coach openings. Supervising and evaluating assistant coach(es).
– Evaluating individual and team performances. Selecting and training leaders to represent their sport appropriately. Conducting mid and end season reviews, and holding exit meetings with all athletes.
– Work with the Athletic Administrator to manage the budget for travel and equipment and coordinating logistics associated with both.
– Working with the Athletic Compliance and Student Welfare Officer to actively monitor academic performance of student-athletes and facilitate remediation programs.
– Work in conjunction with department athletic administration in regards to scheduling contests appropriate for team and budget, with respect to academic schedule. Scout opponents as needed.
– Completing all reports required. Collaborating with the Vice President/Director of Athletics on any communication to athletes, parents, or faculty & staff including academic and athletic conflicts.
– Fundraising for sport and participating in department fundraising activities.
– Rotating administrative duties that may include monitoring the enrichment program, participating in community engagement, providing site supervision for game day management. This position will have game day supervisory responsibilities for selected sports.
– Enforcing and staying informed of Caldwell University, CACC, and NCAA policies, rules and guidelines. Must successfully complete the NCAA Division II Rules Test. Attending meetings or workshops as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree plus one to two years of effective experience in lacrosse coaching is required. Master’s degree and collegiate coaching experience is preferred. Must maintain current/active certification in CPR and First Aid/AED. Must be knowledgeable of the NCAA I I rules & regulations, including recruiting knowledge (must pass annual Division II Coaching Modules). Must possess a valid driver’s license and be available to work evenings and weekends as needed. The successful candidate will also have excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong management and organizational skills. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the university.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.
Athletic Trainer – 12 months (Req. #1968)
Caldwell University invites applications for a full-time, 12-month Athletic Trainer. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President and Director, Athletics, the Athletic Trainer is responsible for the evaluation, rehabilitation, and care of injuries to student athletes. Other responsibilities include the coordination of insurance forms and claims, providing coverage of home and away athletic events, field preparation, collaborating with coaching staff regarding student health and wellness issues, coordinating pre-season physicals, team physician visits, and off campus appointments for student athletes.
Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training or a related field, plus 1-2 years of effective experience and the following certifications are required: NATA/BOC Certification, Professional Rescuer/Healthcare Provider CPR/AED Certification, and New Jersey State Athletic Training Licensure. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the University.
Applicants must submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references.