Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Caldwell University is an EOE.
Office Assistant, EOF
Caldwell University invites applicants for a full-time Office Assistant, EOF. Reporting to the Director, EOF. This Office Assistant is responsible for creating a welcoming environment and providing general clerical support. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide general office support to include photocopying, typing, answering telephone and handling inquiries, ordering supplies, managing student workers, maintaining records, files, and reports, completing purchase orders, receiving and distributing mail, maintaining Google calendar’s for supervisor and other staff members.
• Provide clerical support to the Senior Counselor and Counselor/Recruiter. Adhere to decisions made by Senior Counselor and Counselor/Recruiter in Director’s absence.
• Provide administrative support for recruitment and retention efforts, EOF activities and programs to include creating flyers, Newsletter, announcements, negotiating with vendors and processing PO’s, and keep track of expenses using excel.
• Maintain online database of student information. Serve as liaison between Caldwell University EOF Program with the NJ Office of the Secretary of Higher Education, Student Assistance and Financial Aid to ensure accuracy of information in EOF online database.
• In charge of the Summer Food Program in collaboration with EOF Director, the Department of Agriculture, CU Gourmet Dining and CU Finance Department.
• Coordinate travel arrangements and disseminate necessary information regarding events for EOF Program and staff.
Knowledge equivalent to a high school education, excellent computer skills (Word, Google, Excel, PowerPoint,) plus one to two years of effective experience required with secretarial or college level experience preferred. Occasional evening hours required.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.