Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Caldwell University is an EOE.
Position: Interim Graduate Resident Director
Department: Residence Life
Caldwell University invites applications for a temporary (interim) Graduate Resident Director (GRD) beginning immediately. The Graduate Resident Director is a paraprofessional position that reports to the Assistant Director, Residence Life. The Graduate Resident Director will be responsible for leading a group of 12 Resident Assistants, performing administrative duties, and providing educational and social programming for resident students. GRDs are required to live in the residence hall in which they are assigned. This is a temporary live-in position. Specific duties include, but are not limited to;
- Coordinating the Fall and Spring Training Program and the on-going training sessions throughout the year.
- Acting as a liaison between the Resident Assistants and the Office of Residence Life regarding student issues in the residence halls. Meeting weekly with Resident Assistants.
- Upholding all Residence Life and University policies, implementing emergency procedures as appropriate and responding in a timely and professional manner for situations related to the safety, security and well-being of the residents.
- Completing and providing reports as needed to the Office of Residence Life.
- Managing the opening and closing of the residence halls and facilitating room changes.
- Maintaining office hours and/or front desk duty hours as scheduled with Director and Assistant Director of Residence Life.
- Scheduling and monitoring Resident Assistant duty shifts and providing a schedule to appropriate departments.
- Implementing disciplinary action for Resident Assistants as required.
- Serving as a conduct officer.
- Participating in an on call rotation.
- Chaperoning events including orientation, as needed by student affairs.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Continuous enrollment of at least 6 credits per term in a Caldwell University graduate program is also required. Previous Resident Assistant experience preferred. The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent communication skills who can effectively build and maintain relationships. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the University.
Compensation includes full tuition remission (up to 6 credits), (will be prorated when job begins) room and board in the residence halls, and a bi-weekly stipend. Full tuition remission does not include the taxes and fees. GRDs are responsible for paying for the taxes on the amount of credits taken. Board is not included during the break periods in which the residence halls are closed.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.