Graduate Admission Requirements and Procedures
All applicants, including non-matriculating and visiting students, must complete a Graduate Application for Admission and submit it with the $50.00 application fee to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Applicants to graduate programs at Caldwell University must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, unless a student is applying to a Combined bachelor’s/master’s program (see section on Combined Bachelor’s/Master’s Programs for more information).
International students applying for admission must present documents demonstrating equivalent education and/or training from a non-U.S. college or university (see section on International Students for more information). Additional admission requirements are outlined in the Programs of Study section of the catalog under specific program descriptions.
Those wishing to apply for admission to a graduate program at Caldwell University should do the following:
- Complete the Graduate Application for Admission online at https://caldwell.edu/applynow and pay the non-refundable application fee of $50.00. The application fee is waived for current and former Caldwell University students and for some special situations.
- Arrange to have official transcripts from all undergraduate and/or graduate studies sent directly to Caldwell University, Office of Graduate Admissions, 120 Bloomfield Avenue, Caldwell, NJ 07006. No final action will be taken on an application for which there is no official transcript.
- Request the required number of letters of recommendation from professors, employers, or other individuals who are familiar with their work to be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Arrange to take required standardized test(s) and have the scores sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Scores may be no more than five years old.
- If required or desired, call the Office of Graduate Admissions (973-618-3544) for information regarding a personal admissions interview.
- Consult program descriptions to determine any additional requirements. All materials should be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions. The office can be reached at 973-618-3544 and email@example.com
- Dual Applications. If an applicant wishes to apply for more than one graduate program, a separate application must be submitted for each program. Only one application fee will be charged. It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit all necessary materials in support of each application.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to arrange for all official undergraduate and graduate transcripts and other supporting admissions credentials to be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- No action will be taken on credentials that arrive for which there is no completed application for admission on file. Any documents submitted as a part of the application process are considered to be property of Caldwell University.
- Applications which remain inactive for one year (i.e., inadequate documentation prevents an admission decision or an acceptance is not followed by registration) will be removed from active files. Under such circumstances, those wishing to be reconsidered for admission may be required to reapply