Institutional Research and Assessment
Caldwell University is committed to a comprehensive, transparent institutional assessment process to ensure we are accomplishing our mission and meeting our goals so students can succeed. The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment plays a key role in evaluating institutional effectiveness through the collection, analysis, communication, and reporting of data and information to facilitate planning, budgeting, assessment, accreditation, compliance, and decision-making across the University. The Office helps to continuously assess Caldwell University’s programs and services in an effort to make improvements and respond effectively to opportunities and challenges. These efforts aim to improve the capacity of Caldwell University to transform students’ lives.
Caldwell University Fact Books
Institutional Research and Assessment staff:
- Provide internal administrators and faculty as well as external stakeholders with relevant, timely, and accurate institutional information related to enrollment, matriculation, demographics, student outcomes, scheduling, and other related measures.
- Coordinate the collection of data for statutory reporting and compliance requirements and ensures that all state and federal reports are submitted in a timely fashion through a reports management system.
- Manage a campus survey schedule that integrates with the schedules of strategic planning, five-year department and academic program reviews, and accreditation evaluations.
- Analyze results from statistical analysis and predictive modeling to create accessible information that can be compared and contrasted to better inform goal-setting, resource allocation, policy revisions, and overall decision-making.
- Collaborate with academic staff in the annual assessment of core and academic program learning outcomes and academic program reviews and in combining those results with other outcomes to detect trends.
- Assist University staff in the creation of institutional, departmental, and individual level goals that are measurable and can be benchmarked to improve accountability.
- Monitor the progress of those goals, disseminate results, and house assessment data centrally.
- Support and provide technical assistance to committees, departments, and individuals throughout the University to ensure data is available and in a format to foster continuous improvement.
For more information, contact:
Susan Hayes, PhD
Executive Director, Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness
Heather Cook, MLIS