Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Caldwell University is an Equal Opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within its community.
Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach/Athletic Administrator
Caldwell University invites applications for a full-time Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach/Athletic Administrator. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President and Director, Athletics, the Administrator/Coach will provide direction for planning, recruiting, budgeting, organizing and maintaining a well-balanced, competitive, and successful NCAA Division II Men’s Lacrosse program scheduled to launch in 2019/2020. Job duties include, but are not limited to;
- Recruiting prospective student-athletes and recommending students to receive athletic grant and aid scholarships.
- Interviewing and recommending qualified candidates for any assistant men’s lacrosse coach openings. Supervising and evaluating assistant coach(es).
- Ensuring accurate time-keeping records of all working hours, and submitting weekly time sheets for the entire coaching staff.
- Evaluating individual and team performances. Selecting and training leaders to represent their sport appropriately. Conducting mid and end season reviews, and holding exit meetings with all athletes.
- Managing the budget for travel and equipment and coordinating logistics associated with both.
- Working with the Assistant Director of Student Welfare to actively monitor academic performance of student-athletes and facilitate remediation programs.
- Work in conjunction with department athletic administration in regards to scheduling contests appropriate for team and budget, with respect to academic schedule. Scout opponents as needed.
- Completing all reports required.Collaborating with the Vice President/Director of Athletics on any communication to athletes, parents, or faculty & staff including academic and athletic conflicts.
- Fundraising for sport and participating in department fundraising activities.
- Rotating administrative duties that may include monitoring the enrichment program, covering the Fitness Center,assisting with Media relations/SID work coverage, participating in community engagement, providing site supervision for game day management. This position will have game day supervisory responsibilities for selected sports.
- Enforcing and staying informed of Caldwell University, CACC, and NCAA policies, rules and guidelines. Must successfully complete NCAA Division II Rules Test. Attending meetings or workshops as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree plus one to two years of effective experience in lacrosse coaching is required.Master’s degree and collegiate coaching experience is preferred. Must maintain current/active certification in CPR and First Aid/AED.Must be knowledgeable of the NCAA II rules & regulations, including recruiting knowledge (must pass annual NCAA Rules Test). The successful candidate will have excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word and Excel; have knowledge/experience in relational database and have aptitude for learning new softwares. The successful candidate will also have excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong management and organizational skills. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the university.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.