Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Caldwell University is an Equal Opportunity employer and is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within its community.
Administrator/Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach (Req # 1480)
Caldwell University invites applications for a full-time Administrator/Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach, Athletics. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President and Director, Athletics the Administrator/Coach will serve as recreation and intramural coordinator, facilitator of Student-Athlete Affairs programming, supervisor of athletic home events, and Head Lacrosse Coach.
Administrator job duties include, but are not limited to;
• Serving as the primary coordinator for recreation and intramural programs for students, staff, and faculty. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:a) Supervising and scheduling recreational sport events, b) Maintaining and updating recreational sports manual, c) Promoting and publicizing intramural and recreational events on campus, d) Supervising recreational and intramural student staff members, e) assessing programs, f) preparing budget information.
• Working with the primary coordinator of the Student Athlete Mentor program. Assisting with the development and implementation of programming addressing academic, career, and personal development for student athletes.
• Working with the Athletic Medical Office in coordinating operations for athletic and special events. Serving as on-site supervisor for home events.
• Coordinator of Caldwell University REC Sports program.
• Developing an evaluation process for programs and conduct assessments as needed.
• Attending and participating in various university and athletic functions.
• Representing the university at conferences and local association meetings.
• Work with selected staff members in soliciting sponsors for event promotions.
Head Coach duties include, but are not limited to;
• Developing and executing the team philosophy.
• Advising the coaching staff and student athletes on NCAA rules and policies. Working with the Assistant Director to ensure ongoing program compliance. Attending meetings and workshops as necessary.
• Supervising all games, scrimmages and practices.
• Recruiting student-athletes and recommending students who should receive athletic grant and scholarships.
• Directing, supervising, and evaluating assistant coaches, working with the Assistant Director to maintain accurate records.
• Surveying opponents when applicable.
• Supplying the Sports Information Director with team and individual student athlete information.
• Preparing and submitting the annual budget.
• Ensuring travel arrangements and driving if necessary.
• Overseeing the preparation, distribution, and collection of equipment inventory for the program.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus two to three years of effective experience in athletic coaching required. Must possess certification in CPR and first aid, and successfully complete NCAA, Division II Rules Test. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be available to work evenings and weekends as needed. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the university.
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, Caldwell University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. Candidates from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers our diversity and inclusion efforts, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.