Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Caldwell University is an EOE.
Compliance and Student Welfare Assistant
Caldwell University invites applications for a full-time Compliance and Student Welfare Assistant, Athletics. Reporting to the Associate Director, Compliance and Student Welfare the Assistant will be responsible for supporting the direction and administration of all aspects of Caldwell University’s NCAA Compliance Program. Job duties include, but are not limited to;
- Completing and collecting all required forms for official/unofficial visits, promotional activities, outside competitions, and NLI requests.
Tracking admissions and initial eligibility status of incoming prospective student-athletes.
- Assisting in maintaining NCAA squad lists, team practice schedules, recruiting and coaches’ telephone logs.
- Coordinating rules education meetings for coaches and staff. Providing rule interpretation as needed.
- Assisting in the preparation of national, conference, and institutional reports.
- Coordinating student-athlete study hall. Monitoring attendance and preparing study hall reports for coaches.
- Monitoring student academic progress through contact with Academic Advising, meetings with the students, and report data.
- Collaborating with the Academic Success Center to implement appropriate academic intervention strategies.
- Keeping supervisors, coaches and athletic administrators informed of student progress.
- Maintaining eligibility and advising files on assigned student-athletes.
- Meeting with recruits to discuss academic services and university policies.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus one to two years of effective experience is required. Must be available evenings and weekend as needed. Proficiency in MS Office, especially Word and Excel is also required. The successful candidate will be able to handle confidential/sensitive information, have excellent communication skills, be attentive to details, able to prioritize and build effective relationships across the institution. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the university.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.