Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Submit letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to:
The Office of Human Resources-IPP
120 Bloomfield Avenue
Caldwell, NJ 07006
(preferred) firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note we are transitioning to an online applicant tracking system. For positions that request application materials be submitted through the link provided, do not send resume materials to email@example.com. Thank you).
Fax: (973) 618-3358
Caldwell University is an EOE.
Title: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APN)
Department: Counseling Services
One year, grant funded position
Caldwell University invites applications for a one-year grant funded position for a part-time (8-12 hours per week) Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APN) who is ANCC certified in psychiatric mental health nursing. Reporting to the Director of Counseling Services this position is responsible for providing psychotherapy and diagnostic and pharmacologic treatment services to student patients during the fall and spring semesters, with some on call hours during breaks. Job duties include, but are not limited to;
• Conducting on-going risk assessments (i.e. suicide, homicide, abuse, violence), as well as performing age-appropriate, full psychiatric evaluations.
• Planning and documenting pharmacologic strategies based on individualized needs and providing follow-up services as needed.
• Providing clinical documentation on patients and producing reports and assessment information, as requested by the Director.
• Providing consultation to clinical staff and interns regarding patient care issues.
• Conducting educational trainings for college staff, resident assistants, and students.
• Reviewing cases with collaborating physician as needed, as well as communicating with Director about cases.
Master’s degree with preparation in psychiatric mental health nursing and a current New Jersey APN-C license that includes diagnostic and prescriptive authority is required. At least three (3) years experience with patient diagnosis and psychotropic medication prescription and management working with older adolescents/young adults in a treatment setting is required, preferably a college counseling center or health center. Appropriate training and experience in counseling and psychotherapy is expected. Appropriate individual insurance is also expected. Collaborative association with board certified psychiatrist for medication/diagnostic supervision is also required. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the University.