Home / Admissions / Financial Aid | Caldwell University / Federal Work-Study (FWS)
Federal Work-Study (FWS)
Federal Work-Study (FWS)
- FWS is a program of federal dollars awarded to eligible students by financial aid who file a FAFSA; the specific positions are posted by different department supervisors on Handshake and students are paid on a biweekly basis.
- Federal Work-Study (FWS) positions are only for those students who have an FWS award for the current academic year.
- All positions will require that you bring a copy of your schedule so the supervisor knows when you can and cannot work.
Part-Time Student Employment Opportunities
All on and off campus employment opportunities are posted on Handshake. This website is maintained by Caldwell University’s Career Planning and Development Office.
Community Service Job Opportunities
- Local Community Service positions are employment opportunities on or off-campus that are designated as Community Service oriented. These positions are posted on Handshake. They are administered by the employer in collaboration with the college for Federal Work-Study funding. Some positions may require a mode of transportation.
- All part-time employment opportunities are posted on Handshake which requires you to create an account.
For University Administrated Positions:
- Once you select a position on the site, follow the application instructions to apply.
- Once an interview is conducted and the supervisor chooses to hire you, the supervisor will notify the financial aid office that you have been hired.
- You will need to complete paperwork for the financial aid office before you start employment.
The following links are provided for those that work for a University administrated positions:
- Federal Work-Study Calculate Time Sheet
- Federal Work-Study Payroll Schedule (Student and Supervisor)
- ADP (Student and Supervisor)
PLEASE NOTE: If you have not worked on campus before you will need to complete a Student Employee Information Packet with the Human Resources Office. Please bring with you the required documentation for the Form I-9 form.
- You may not begin working until all paperwork has been completed with the following; Supervisor, Financial Aid, and Human Resources.
- For student employment forms and payroll questions please contact Human Resources at 973-618-3669. For financial aid issues relating to federal work-study please contact Linda Cuozzo in Financial Aid at email@example.com