Policies, Terms and Conditions
- To maintain eligibility for financial aid, students must meet the standards of academic progress as set by the College as well as any additional criteria imposed by federal and state regulations. Failure to do so may result in loss of aid.
- It is important to be aware that academic progress must be both qualitative and quantitative.
- You will be billed by semester and all bills must be paid on the date specified or you will be subject to a late fee.
- If an award from your Award Letter does not appear on your bill you may deduct it directly from your bill. Please note that you must be prepared to pay any balances on your bill resulting from adjustments to your financial aid award.
- Monthly payment programs are available. Literature about these programs will be mailed in your billing package.
TITLE IV REFUND POLICIES
- If you have officially withdrawn from the College, you may be entitled to a refund.
- The return of all Federal Title IV funds (including Federal Plus Loans) shall be based on the percentage of the payment period completed. Earned aid is measured against unearned aid to determine the dollar amount to be returned to the Federal government.
- If any funds are remaining after the federal dollar has been determined and the student account is clear, those funds can be refunded to the student.
- If you unofficially withdraw, you will be withdrawn at 50% of course completion unless there is an official date of attendance greater than 50%.
CALDWELL UNIVERSITY TERMS & CONDITIONS GOVERNING STUDENT FINANCIAL AID
All awards are subject to the following terms & conditions outlined below.
- The Office of Financial Aid reserves the right to review and cancel an award at any time due to changes in financial or academic status. There is no obligation on the part of Caldwell University, the State of New Jersey or any other agency to fund any award based upon fraudulent, inaccurate or misleading information.
- Students who receive financial assistance from the college, the State, or the Federal Government must maintain satisfactory academic progress, as stipulated in the Caldwell University catalog.
- Recipients of financial assistance from the college are to notify the Office of Financial Aid of any other financial assistance extended to them from sources outside the college. An adjustment of your total financial aid award may be necessary.
- If your offer of financial assistance includes a Federal Work Study award the amount awarded is the maximum amount you may expect to earn during the academic year.
- Any commitment of Federal Funds (i.e. Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Pell Grant, or Federal Work Study Program) is tentative and contingent upon subsequent Congressional appropriation and actual receipt of the funds by Caldwell University. In addition, any commitment of State Funds (NJ Tuition Aid Grant, Scholarships, and Equal Opportunity Funding) is tentative and contingent upon subsequent State approval.
- Financial need is evaluated each year based on information provided on your FAFSA application. It is the student’s responsibility to apply each year as soon as possible after January 1st to maximize their eligibility for aid.
- Students receiving financial aid who find it necessary to withdraw from the college must notify the Office of Financial Aid of this action.
- Students receiving Federal Stafford Loans for the first time must complete an entrance interview and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) prior to credit of any funds to the student’s account. Please see page 3 in “A Guide to Understanding Your Financial Aid Award.”
- To ensure loan funds are available to you in order to pay your semester bill, we strongly recommend applying for all loans after July 10.
- Caldwell University aid is for full time residents and commuters each semester. Students attending part time or distance education are typically not eligible for Caldwell University aid.
- Distance education is defined as more than 50% of courses taken off Caldwell University campus property. Tuition, comprehensive fees, books and supplies are the only allowable costs for financial aid eligibility.
- If selected for verification, applicants must submit all requested documents to the Office of Financial Aid to receive financial aid.
- Prior to graduating, withdrawing or transferring from Caldwell University students must also complete an exit interview.