Substance Awareness Counseling Counseling Services
Counseling Services offers free counseling and educational services to individuals experiencing problems with alcohol or other drug use, or to anyone who is concerned about a friend or family member’s use. Programs assist students in making safe and informed choices concerning alcohol and other drug use.
The following resources, phone numbers, and websites contain information and education on important alcohol and drug-related issues. Please browse through these sites to obtain information and insight. While these resources are a helpful aid for those individuals who may be struggling with substance use problems, they are not a substitute for professional treatment.
SELF – SCREENING:
For when you’re curious about your health
For when you want to know Caldwell’s policy
For when you want to learn more about addiction
- National Institute of Drug Abuse: Comprehensive Facts on Common Drugs
- Boston University: “How Much is Too Much?”: Healthy Drinking Facts
- College Drinking Prevention:Interactive Tools to Learn More about Drinking
- 14 Traits of an Adult Child of Alcoholic: How alcoholism affects family members
*DISCLAIMER: Any results generated from a site containing a BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) calculator is a rough estimate of an average healthy person’s BAC assuming typical beverages sized, recipes and alcohol content. The BAC estimates generated should not be used to infer an individual’s fitness to work, drive or perform any other task or duty.
For when you’re looking for professional help
- Addictions Hotline of NJ: 800-238-2333
- IME Addictions Access Center: 1-844-276-2777
- NJ Quitline for Smoking Cessation: 1-866-657-8677
- NJ Gambling Addiction Hotline: 1-800-426-2537
For those looking for caring support during difficult times
- Adult Children of Alcoholics Meeting Lookup
- Al – Anon: For Family Members of Alcoholics
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
For a professional individual, group, inpatient, and outpatient treatment options
Please contact Counseling Services at 973-618-3307 if you would like to schedule an appointment and talk more about your substance use and your options.