IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING AN EMERGENCY AFTER HOURS, PLEASE CALL 911
- If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts or any mental health crisis Monday – Friday from 8:30 – 4:30 pm, please call the Counseling Center’s main number 973-618-3307 IMMEDIATELY – and indicate you are dealing with an URGENT situation.
- You may also schedule an URGENT virtual/telephone appointment by calling the Counseling Services main number 973-618-3307.
- If in the counselor’s professional judgment a student is experiencing a mental health crisis that requires immediate emergency treatment, the counselor is authorized to take whatever action is necessary to obtain immediate treatment to protect the student and the larger University community. The student is financially responsible for all costs associated with any off-campus emergency treatment.
- The following resources are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- NJ Hopeline: 855-654-6735
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text 741741
- Police Department: 911
- Campus Safety and Security: 973-618-3289
- Mountainside Hospital Crisis Unit: 973-429-6963 (if you reach voice mail, call will be returned) Clara Maass Mobile Crisis Unit: 973-844-4357
- Residence Life: Graduate Resident Director (GRD) on duty: 973-618-3289