Spring 2023 check-in Information:
Students who have applied for spring housing will receive their housing assignments by January 6, 2022.
Spring check-in is scheduled for Sunday, January 22, 2023 from 10:00am-4:00pm. More information will be sent out via email in January. See below for important guidelines.
- If you do not check into housing by Sunday, January 22, 2023 your housing potentially could be canceled, please communicate with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if your arrangements have you coming later in the week.
- Make sure to bring a government issued photo identification so that we can verify who you are.
- Your bill MUST be settled or arrangements must be officially made to cover the balance of your bill before you are permitted to move in. Additionally, you must be registered for at least 12 credits to be permitted to check in on move in day.
- For new students to housing only: If you have not turned in all of your health forms and have been cleared, you will not be permitted to move into the residence halls if you are new to campus (commuter to resident or new incoming resident) Health Services will be closed on Sunday, January 22, 2023.. We will not be accepting anyone before 10:00am, please make sure to follow the guidelines and prepare for your check in.
Caldwell University and the Office of Residence Life, does not promote or endorse any off campus hotels. As a resource, some close area hotels are listed below for those traveling to campus for extended stays or looking to acquire a short stay before/after occupancy dates.
Hampton Inn & Suites Fairfield
Address: 118-124 US-46, Fairfield, NJ 07004|
Best Western Plus Fairfield Executive Inn
Address: 216 US-46 #234, Fairfield, NJ 07004
Courtyard by Marriott West Orange
Address: 8 Rooney Cir, West Orange, NJ 07052
Check in & Check Out dates: (Please make arrangements accordingly)
Fall Check Out: 24 hours after your last exam or Tuesday, December 20 at 10:00am, whichever comes first
Spring 2023 Check In: Sunday, January 22, 2023
Spring 2023 Check Out: 24 hours after your last exam or Wednesday, May 17, 2023 at 10:00am, whichever comes first
When the University is closed for a break listed below, the residence halls & dining hall are also closed. Please be prepared to vacate during these times. There will be special arrangements made for international students who cannot find other means but they must apply. There will be a form provided to request a special accommodation during these break periods. If the form is not returned by the due date an additional accommodation is still needed, nightly fees will apply.
- Thanksgiving Break: Wednesday, November 23, 2022-Sunday, November 27, 2022
- Spring Break: Sunday, March 12, 2023-Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Easter Break: Thursday, April 6, 2023-Sunday, April 9, 2023
The following breaks below operate on a limited meal schedule and are considered a “soft closing.” Students are encouraged to go home during these breaks but may stay:
- Labor Day Break: Monday, September 5, 2022
- Columbus Break: Saturday, October 8, 2022-Tuesday, October 11, 2022
- Presidents Break: Saturday, February 18, 2023-Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Winter break is not included in the housing contract and has specific criteria and fees associated with this session. Those eligible to apply are those current residential students who are returning for the following spring as a resident and are either taking a winter course, working on campus, or are international. Additionally, each student must be in good academic, financial and judicial standing. There is an application process that is sent out in late October to apply for the winter housing. There is no meal plan associated with the fee to reside on campus during the winter session. The Office of Residence Life does not charge the winter session as a week by week basis but rather by the entire session. Cancellation of winter housing and leaving early results in a cancellation fee without refund. Fees are determined each year and posted on the application. Please make arrangements to vacate the halls during this period.
Break Eligibility: Students must be in good financial, academic, and judicial standing to reside on campus during any break period. If a student has a current conduct case from the academic year or previous (for summer break), a student will be denied the application for the break. Additionally, the student must be a returning resident for the Spring semester or following academic year (for summer), in order to be considered for break. If a student does not meet the eligibility requirements housing will not be granted. There is a limited amount of space for all break periods.
**Summer break information comes out in March of each year. Students will follow same break procedures and must be eligible to apply for the session. The summer is charged by academic sessions (if taking a class) or by the entire summer period. Canceling early results in a cancellation fee without refund.