Nursing and Public Health
The School of Nursing and Public Health at Caldwell University was developed in response to the national and global need to prepare students to enter the healthcare delivery system equipped with the necessary skills to meet complex healthcare needs of diverse populations.
This School includes nursing degrees at the bachelor’s and masters level, as well as the B.S. in Public Health Education (BSPHE) and Caldwell University’s Inter Professional Health Education Collaborative (IPHEC). The World Health Organization describes inter-professional health education as students from two or more professions learning to enable effective collaboration and improve local and global health outcomes.
The IPHEC will guide integrated learning experiences- utilizing best practice methods for our students enrolled in our inter-disciplinary health programs of:
- BS in Public Health Education (BSPHE)
- BSN in Nursing
- BS in Health Science
- BS in Healthcare Administration
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Med
- Health Profession Affiliation Programs
- BA in Biology
- BA in Chemistry
- BA in Psychology
- BA in Sociology
- MSN in Nursing
Students enrolled in these majors will have the opportunity to engage in exciting inter-disciplinary coursework including, simulation exercises in our state-of-the-art simulation labs, and assignments that strengthen necessary skills to enter the healthcare delivery job force, such as using telemedicine as a disruptive innovation for providing patient teaching to populations.
“As the US healthcare system moves into the era of population health which will be based upon a solid foundation of community driven wellness and prevention, new innovative programs such as Caldwell University’s Bachelor of Science in Public Health Education will be vital in helping to prepare our future healthcare workforce. ”
– Ernani Sadural, MD, Director of Global Health, RWJBARNABAS Health
School of Nursing and Public Health News
- Promising Young Woman Film DiscussionApril is sexual assault awareness and prevention month. The CU Book Club will be hosting a virtual film […]
- Caldwell University Adding Rugby and Acrobatics and TumblingCaldwell University has announced the addition of women’s acrobatics and tumbling as an intercollegiate varsity sport and men’s […]
- Mark Corino’s Coaching and Administration Legacy Honored by CACC and NJ MediaCaldwell University Assistant Vice President/Director of Athletics Mark A. Corino was recently voted by his peers as the […]
- Yaman Thapa: A Beautiful MindYaman Thapa is smiling into her camera, Zoom connecting my home to her Caldwell University campus apartment. She […]
- Cindy Striano: Nursing a Campus in COVID-19When Cindy Striano thinks back over the past 13 months of the pandemic, she knows a silver lining […]