Nursing and Public Health
The School of Nursing and Public Health at Caldwell University was developed in response to the national and global need to prepare students to enter the healthcare delivery system equipped with the necessary skills to meet complex healthcare needs of diverse populations.
This School includes nursing degrees at the bachelor’s and masters level, as well as the B.S. in Public Health Education (BSPHE) and Caldwell University’s Inter Professional Health Education Collaborative (IPHEC). The World Health Organization describes inter-professional health education as students from two or more professions learning to enable effective collaboration and improve local and global health outcomes.
The IPHEC will guide integrated learning experiences- utilizing best practice methods for our students enrolled in our inter-disciplinary health programs of:
- BS in Public Health Education (BSPHE)
- BS in Nursing (BSN)
- BS in Health Science
- BS in Healthcare Administration
- BS in Communication Science and Disorders
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Med
- Health Profession Affiliation Programs
- B.S. in Exercise Science
- MS in Nursing (MSN)
Students enrolled in these majors will have the opportunity to engage in exciting inter-disciplinary coursework including, simulation exercises in our state-of-the-art simulation labs, and assignments that strengthen necessary skills to enter the healthcare delivery job force, such as using telemedicine as a disruptive innovation for providing patient teaching to populations.
“As the US healthcare system moves into the era of population health which will be based upon a solid foundation of community driven wellness and prevention, new innovative programs such as Caldwell University’s Bachelor of Science in Public Health Education will be vital in helping to prepare our future healthcare workforce.”
– Ernani Sadural, MD, Director of Global Health, RWJBARNABAS Health
CCNE Site Visit and 3rd Party Notification
School of Nursing and Public Health News
- Caldwell nursing and public health alumni are inspired to make a differenceCaldwell University’s School of Nursing and Public Health prepares students to enter the healthcare delivery system equipped with […]
- ‘Human Resources is the backbone of a facility’- Healthcare Administration student interns at JAG-ONEWhen Lundia Josue did her internship this past summer in human resources at JAG-ONE Physical Therapy Headquarters in […]
- Nursing School Hosts Delegation from International Catholic Nursing OrganizationDr. Ellina Chernobilsky, associate vice president for academic affairs (back row, center), and Dr. Donna Naturale (second from right) pictured with nurses from the National Association of Catholic Nurses and the International Catholic Committee of Nurses and Medico-Social Assistants on their visit to campus Aug. 9.
- Nursing Receives Grant to Upgrade Simulation Lab from The Healthcare Foundation of NJCaldwell University was awarded a grant from The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey (HFNJ) to upgrade nursing skills […]
- Graduating Nursing Students Honored at Pinning and ConvocationForty-four Caldwell University graduating nursing students were honored at the nursing pinning and honors convocation ceremony May 13. […]