Nursing and Public Health
The School of Nursing and Public Health at Caldwell University was developed in response to the national and global need to prepare students to enter the healthcare delivery system equipped with the necessary skills to meet complex healthcare needs of diverse populations.
This School includes nursing degrees at the bachelor’s and masters level, as well as the B.S. in Public Health Education (BSPHE) and Caldwell University’s Inter Professional Health Education Collaborative (IPHEC). The World Health Organization describes inter-professional health education as students from two or more professions learning to enable effective collaboration and improve local and global health outcomes.
The IPHEC will guide integrated learning experiences- utilizing best practice methods for our students enrolled in our inter-disciplinary health programs of:
- BS in Public Health Education (BSPHE)
- BS in Nursing (BSN)
- BS in Health Science
- BS in Healthcare Administration
- BS in Communication Science and Disorders
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Med
- Health Profession Affiliation Programs
- B.S. in Exercise Science
- MS in Nursing (MSN)
Students enrolled in these majors will have the opportunity to engage in exciting inter-disciplinary coursework including, simulation exercises in our state-of-the-art simulation labs, and assignments that strengthen necessary skills to enter the healthcare delivery job force, such as using telemedicine as a disruptive innovation for providing patient teaching to populations.
“As the US healthcare system moves into the era of population health which will be based upon a solid foundation of community driven wellness and prevention, new innovative programs such as Caldwell University’s Bachelor of Science in Public Health Education will be vital in helping to prepare our future healthcare workforce.”
– Ernani Sadural, MD, Director of Global Health, RWJBARNABAS Health
School of Nursing and Public Health News
- Aneesha Jean-Nursing an Atmosphere of Care in the Age of COVID-19In a world where many people are feeling overwhelmed by health concerns, Professor Aneesha Jean is working hard […]
- Nursing Celebrates Second Degree GraduatesCaldwell, N.J., Dec. 15, 2020 – Caldwell University celebrated second degree graduates of the Bachelor of Science in […]
- Caldwell University Celebrates Opening of New Nursing LabsAlumni, supporters and members of the Caldwell University community gathered on Feb. 26 for a ribbon cutting celebration […]
- Nursing Student Volunteers in Health Care in TanzaniaChristina Buono, a senior nursing student from East Hanover, N.J., spent her winter break from Dec. 28, 2013 […]
- Nursing Department Holds Annual Convocation and Pinning CeremonyThe Caldwell University Nursing Department held its 3rd annual nursing convocation and professional pinning May 16. Thirty-six graduating […]