Online M.A. in Educational Administration
Request More Information
The Online M.A. in Educational Administration program is designed for individuals who seek certification as a school principal and supervisor. We claim that we prepare school leaders who will:
- Demonstrate their understanding of theories and strategic decision-making for educational administration and supervision in order to meet the learning needs of all students.
- Act in an ethical, fair, and trustworthy manner in their interactions with all members of the school community.
- Meet the requirements for certification and become eligible for employment as a principal or supervisor in the State of New Jersey.
- All students will be required to register for ED 680 Internship in Educational Administration in the semester they take ED 686/687 Problem-based Inquiry in Educational Administration I & II.
- Undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.0, or an earned master’s degree with GPA of 3.0
- Official undergraduate/graduate transcripts
- Minimum of three years successful teaching experience or its equivalent in New Jersey schools under a standard teaching or an appropriate certificate.
- Copy of New Jersey teaching or school certification
- One professional reference
- Personal interview with the Program Coordinator
- ED 616 Qualitative and Quantitative Research for Educational Administrators (3)
- ED 635 Principles and Practices of Curriculum Development and Supervision in Subject Matter Areas (3)
- ED 650 Curriculum Leadership (3)
- ED 670 General Principles of Staff Supervision: Theory and Practice in Educational Administration and Supervision (3)
- ED 671 Foundations of Pre K-12 Administration and Curriculum Supervision (3)
- ED 672 School Finance: Public and Private Funding (3)
- ED 674 Education Law and Regulation (3)
- ED 675 Communications for School Leaders (3)
- ED 686 Problem-Based Inquiry in Educational Administration I (3)
- ED 687 Problem-Based Inquiry in Educational Administration II (3)
- ED 678 Managing Human and Material Resources (3)
- ED 680 Internship in Educational Administration (3)
ACCREDITED. ACCESSIBLE. ACCELERATED. AFFORDABLE.
Recently ranked as a Tier 1 institution by U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges 2014,” Caldwell University provides 100% online programs that allow students to learn anywhere, at their own pace, while still enjoying interaction with faculty and peers. The online programs at Caldwell University celebrate the tradition that has embraced learning and committed teaching since 1939. Today the tradition continues as Caldwell University launches innovative programs geared toward enabling career advancement and degree completion.
Caldwell University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College offers high quality online courses and degree programs that expand access and provide opportunity to students seeking a degree from an accredited institution. Our online academic programs and support services are equivalent to similar programs offered in a traditional format on campus.
Online students receive excellent support comparable to the high level support that our on-campus students receive. Caldwell University believes that online students should not have to come to campus to take advantage of services and meet with key people unless they choose to do so. Our online programs provide all the assistance students would need from a distance, making our programs and services easily accessible. Additionally, online students who choose to come to campus will find that it is located within a short drive from many points in New Jersey. While on campus, online students will find it to be a welcoming atmosphere. Online students truly become part of the Caldwell University community; they can take advantage of any aspect of campus life including on-campus graduation where they have the option to attend graduation with their peers and share the memorable experience with family.
Our online programs are offered in an accelerated mode. Most of Caldwell University’s online courses are offered in seven and eight week, accelerated sessions that run throughout the year. This affords online students the opportunity to fast-track their coursework and graduation dates. Additionally, these online sessions permit students to register as “full-time students,” for potential financial aid eligibility. It is important that incoming online students recognize that accelerated courses do not mean less work, as the content of the courses is the same as if it was offered over an entire session. However, it does mean these courses will require students to cover more material over a shorter period of time. To successfully manage the intensive lesson plans and strict deadlines of these courses, online students must be disciplined, have excellent time management skills, and remain committed to accomplishing their goal of degree completion.
One of the Lowest Private Tuitions in New Jersey. Committing to an education is an investment in your future. By offering one of the lowest private college tuitions in New Jersey, we make that investment affordable.