International Graduate Students

As an international graduate student applicant, you must complete the Caldwell University admissions application, and submit a nonrefundable application fee of U.S. $40 (check or money order, payable to Caldwell University). You must demonstrate your qualifications for study by submitting the specific material required by each academic program.

Please refer to the admission requirements for a complete checklist of program-specific admission requirements. It is your responsibility to see that all the required materials are received by the Office of Graduate Studies in a timely manner.

You must submit your transcripts to the World Evaluation Service, or another provider affiliated with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services,, for a certified conversion to American academic measures. After we review your application and transcripts, further instructions will be mailed to you.

You must also demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency to meet graduate-level academic standards in English-only classes. Students educated in languages other than English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL),

The minimum acceptable score is 580 on the paper test, 237 on the computer test, and 92 on the Internet test. Please note that these minimum scores are subject to change.

Upon admission to Caldwell University, you may also be tested on campus for English language proficiency, in order to determine if supplementary work on English skills through ESL classes or tutoring is necessary.

Caldwell University will send you a form I-20 with your application materials. The I-20 is a U.S. government form certifying eligibility for F-1 student status. Form I-20 is required for all nonimmigrants applying for full-time study, with F-1 student status, at a federally-approved U.S. academic institution. You use this form to apply for a student visa at your local American embassy or consulate.

If you are currently enrolled in a U.S. institution of higher learning, please contact our International Student Advisor, PH: 973-618-3494, for other forms you will need to complete your application.

Federal aid, such as grants, loans, and work-study programs, is available for legal and permanent U.S. residents. Only international students who have a Permanent Resident Alien visa for an entire year are eligible for financial aid. In general, you are expected to have the financial capability to pay for each year of your education and must supply proof of that capability.

We strongly recommend that you submit a complete admission dossier by the deadlines stated below. You should allow ample time for all the necessary materials to arrive on time, so that the complete files can be reviewed and form I-20 issued in a timely manner.

International Student Application Deadlines:

  • Summer: April 1 (Term A); May 1 (Term B)
  • Fall: July 1
  • Spring: November 1

For further information

Office of Graduate Studies
Phone: 973-618-3408

Maulin Joshi
International Student Advisor
PH: 973-618-3519
Fax: 973-618-3444