Home / Admissions / Accepted Undergraduate Students Checklist / Placement Tests for Admitted Students
Placement Tests for Admitted Students
Welcome to Caldwell University!
In order to be able to register for classes, you must complete two placement tests – Math and English online via Blackboard Learning Management System.
Accessing the Placement test
- Login in to Blackboard by visiting CougarApps at www.caldwell.edu/cougarapps using your NETID (which is the username you were given for your Caldwell Email without using @caldwell.edu).
- Your NETID and password was previously emailed to your personal email account, if you have not already received it, please check your spam filters. If you are having trouble with your password, please email email@example.com.
- Once you are in Cougar Apps, select ‘Blackboard/Blackboard Learn’ to enter Blackboard.
- Proceed to the Placement Testing area to take the Math and English, Placement Tests.
- If you were asked to input a password for any placement test, it means you tried to start the exam from a shortcut such as a “notifications link” (calendar event, to-do list, etc) instead of navigating to a course content area to directly start the exam. Please log out, restart the computer, and try again.
- The Math Placement Test has four individual sections and each section is timed for between one hour and one hour and fifteen minutes, though these sections may take much less time. Once you start a section you must finish it in one sitting. Make sure you schedule enough time to finish the section.
- You may use a calculator for the Math Placement Test.
- The English Placement Exams is allotted one hour. Once you start the exam you must complete the exam during that single sitting, so make sure you schedule enough time for yourself to complete it.
- The use of textbooks or any other external help is not permitted. If you choose to do so, you would be in violation of the Caldwell University Academic Integrity policy and will be placed in a developmental math or English course.
If you are having technical difficulties, please contact the IT Department at 973-618-3904. If you have any questions, please email Maureen McNish at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Academic Success Center