Caldwell University 2015-2020: Continuing the Legacy is a continuation of the hard work done in the prior five-year strategic plan. It was approved by the Board of Trustees on June 22, 2015 and will serve as the road map directing and focusing the efforts of the campus community as we remain grounded in and committed to our mission and values. We launch our new strategic plan in celebration of the 800-year tradition of the Dominican Order, reminding us of our heritage and grounding us in the teachings of St. Dominic de Guzman. Our new plan will guide us in providing a distinctive experience that will prepare students for success in their lives after Caldwell University.
What grew out of an intensive year-long process involving the entire campus and external community, is a plan consisting of three institutional goals and eight strategies with several tactics under each that include budgets, timelines, and agents of responsibility. Our plan incorporates the strategic elements of the five-year plans developed by every department on campus and presented to the Strategic Planning Committee and is informed by the SWOT data and the rigorous process of reflection that resulted in our Middle States Self-Study document. It addresses high-level risks outlined in a recent institutional risk assessment. Academic and administrative assessment results, market data, business plans and other data are used in decisions to move forward or to discontinue initiatives. Caldwell University 2015-2020: Continuing the Legacy reflects a shared vision and is a clear blueprint for achieving that vision grounded in a process for responsible and realistic allocation of resources.?
Institutional Goals and Strategies for Accomplishing Them
- Provide transformative education building on Catholic Dominican traditions rooted in liberal arts.
- Provide services and an environment that will ensure academic success.
- Develop, articulate, and promote Caldwell’s Value Proposition.
- Maximize adult undergraduate and graduate student enrollment.
- Optimize the use of space on campus and expand ownership of campus land and buildings.
- Ensure the responsible fiscal management and overall compliance of the institution.
- Offer services that support student retention and persistence.
- Recruit and retain faculty and staff who advance the university mission.