Certificate in Sport Management
Caldwell University’s Certificate in Sport Management is an 18-credit program offered by the School of Business and Computer Science. The certificate can be completed over the course of an academic year through evening and online classes.
Located in the professional sport mecca of the NY/NJ metro area, Caldwell University offers you the opportunity to acquire the sport business acumen needed to pursue a career in one of the most exciting industries. Learn the business aspects of the sports industry to effectively develop and manage a successful sports business.
Prepare to handle diverse roles in sports team marketing, event planning, merchandising, and more. Develop skills in sports communications, finance, marketing, and event management. Tailor your certificate program to focus on your personal interests and areas of professional growth with elective courses in sport psychology, innovation, public relations, sport law and risk management, sports media, and more.
Areas of focus include:
- Marketing and sponsorships
- Sport event management
- School sports (secondary school and intercollegiate)
- Sport psychology and social impact of sports
The certificate program is designed to also be offered in the School of Business and Computer Science as a minor in Sport Management for matriculated students at Caldwell.
The Certificate in Sport Management consists of six 3-credit courses:
- BU 105 Contemporary Business or BU 110 Business Communications
- BU 210 Economics II or BU 101 Survey of Economics
- BU 251 Introduction to Sport Management
- BU 333 Sport Marketing and Communication
- BU 334 Facility Operations and Event Management
Elective Courses (choose one):
- PS 311 Psychology of Sport
- BU 331 Sport Ethics
- BU 343 Creativity, Innovation and the Competitive Edge
- BU 347 Public Relations
- SO 360 Sociology of Sport
- BU 372 Sport Law and Risk Management
- BU 382 Sports Media
- BU 487 Internship
- BU 491 International Travel Experience
The 18-credit Sport Management Certificate program is open to applicants with a high school diploma at a cost of $742 per credit. Financial aid and discounts may be available.