Certificate in Organizational Leadership
Caldwell University is proud to launch a new Certificate in Organizational Leadership through the School of Business and Computer Science. The 18-credit program can be completed over the course of an academic year with flexible courses that can be taken to suit your schedule and pace.
Effective managers and leaders drive team members to be more responsive, collaborative, creative, and proactive. This Certificate in Organizational Leadership prepares you to tackle the world’s contemporary challenges and influence and transform the workplace. In this program, you’ll gain the skills needed to become a highly productive and inspiring leader in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, and Ambiguous) world, and develop organizations that value learning and promote diversity, respect, equity, inclusion, and innovation.
This post-secondary course of study helps working professionals develop skills in organizational leadership and management, examine the role of values in ethical decision-making, and develop personal philosophies of leadership to meet organizational objectives. Most significantly, you will be prepared to manage and lead positive, transformational, and sustainable change in an organization.
- Earn a business certificate without committing to a full degree program
- Apply the credits earned in this certificate program toward an undergraduate business degree.
- The Certificate in Organizational Leadership is a comprehensive upgrade to any degree and applies across any career.
Those with the right skill set, knowledge, credentials, and confidence to lead organizational change and growth will find a wide range of career opportunities. This certificate program empowers you to grow in your current career or prepare for your next big organizational role.
- Develop the leadership skills necessary for career advancement.
- Learn about the latest management trends and organizational needs for the post-pandemic work world.
- Build the necessary global-mindset for higher level career opportunities.
- Learn how to motivate and collaborate with others and build more effective teams.
The certificate program is designed to also be offered in the School of Business and Computer Science as a minor in Organizational Leadership for matriculated students at Caldwell.
The certificate in Organizational Leadership consists of six 3-credit courses:
- BU 110 Business Communications
- BU 235 Choice: Self-Management to Leader
- BU 260 Leading and Managing Holistically
- BU 343 Innovation, Creativity and the Competitive Edge
- BU 482 Leadership: Managing and Delivering Organizational Change
Elective Course. Choose one of the following:
- PS 410 Special Topics: Industrial Organizational Psychology
- BU 370 Organizational Behavior
- BU 460 Entrepreneurship and Small Business Planning
Or, you can request a specialty course tailored to your professional pursuits, with the permission of the Associate Dean.
The 18-credit Organizational Leadership certificate program is open to applicants with a high school diploma at a cost of $725 per credit. Financial aid and discounts may be available.