Certificate in Management Information Systems
Caldwell University’s Certificate in Management Information Systems is offered by the School of Business and Computer Science. If pre-requisites are met, this 18-credit program can be completed over the course of an academic year with flexible class schedules.
The Management Information Systems certificate program prepares you to use business systems to solve business problems. You’ll learn to analyze and manage an organization’s information technology systems and use the information to develop strategic business solutions. With a dynamic balance of technical and business skills bridging computer science and business, you’ll develop skills in operating systems, database management, systems analysis, and e-commerce.
Flexible course offerings allow you to customize your program of study to include advanced web applications, business analytics, data security and disaster recovery, operations and project management, or software engineering. The goal is to create a strategic advantage for yourself in the marketplace.
- Earn a certificate without committing to a full degree program.
- You can apply the credits earned in this certificate program toward an undergraduate business or computer science degree.
- The Certificate in Management Information Systems is a comprehensive upgrade to any degree and applies across any career.
This course of study will allow you to build your skills in technology management and bring your career to the next level. Learn essential MIS concepts and then choose from multiple topics that are specifically geared toward your career path.
Areas of focus include:
- Data management and security
- Project management
The certificate program is designed to also be offered in the School of Business and Computer Science as a minor in Management Information Systems for matriculated students at Caldwell.
The certificate in Management Information Systems consists of six 3-credit courses:
- CS 195 Computer Programming I (pre-requisite, can be waived)
- CS 219 Business Spreadsheet Applications
- CS 285 Fundamentals of MIS
Elective courses (choose three):
- CS 230 Web Page Design and Programming
- CS 238 E-Commerce
- CS 260 Data Management Systems
- BU 301 Business Analytics
- CS 348 Data Security and Disaster Recovery
- BU 436 Project Operations and Management
- CS 450 Software Engineering (4 credits)
The 18-credit Management Information Systems certificate program is open to applicants with a high school diploma at a cost of $742 per credit. Financial aid and discounts may be available.