Certificate in Healthcare Administration
Caldwell University is proud to launch a new Certificate in Healthcare Administration through the School of Business and Computer Science. The 18-credit program can be completed over the course of an academic year with flexible courses, mostly offered in the evenings.
This post-secondary course of study prepares you for a career that supports healthcare organizations, such as hospitals, clinics, HMOs, health insurance companies, and pharmaceutical companies, run smoothly. Healthcare administrators are responsible for the overall management and oversight of healthcare organizations including tracking trends, implementing changes to improve patient care and efficiency, enforcing safety standards, controlling costs, and ensuring that patients receive the best treatment available.
The Healthcare Administration certificate helps you develop necessary skills like leadership, ethical judgment, adaptability, and relationship building so that you can thrive in this rapidly growing field. As a student in this program, you’ll gain an understanding of the fundamental operations and duties of a healthcare organization, while preparing for your future career as a leader in your organization and the industry.
As we have learned through the industry’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic, knowledgeable healthcare managers are needed and in short supply. To meet the growing demand for healthcare leaders and managers, this certificate program is designed to launch your career as a leader and manager in this ever-evolving industry.
Areas of focus include:
- Quality and process management
- Budgeting and resource allocation
- Compliance and regulatory standards
- Use of healthcare-specific technology
The certificate program is designed to also be offered in the School of Business and Computer Science as a minor in Healthcare Management for matriculated students at Caldwell.
The certificate in Healthcare Administration consists of six 3-credit courses:
Elective courses (choose four):
- BU 217 Accounting for Healthcare Managers
- BU 223 Healthcare Marketing
- BU 260 Leading and Managing Holistically
- BU 302 Budgeting, Finance and Healthcare Payments
- CS 310 Healthcare Information Systems
- BU 356 Healthcare Law and Regulation
- BU 371 Operations Management in Healthcare
- CS 405 Data Analysis in Healthcare
- BU 465 Managerial Epidemiology
- BU 470 Human Resource Management
The 18-credit Healthcare Administration certificate program is open to applicants with a high school diploma at a cost of $725 per credit. Financial aid and discounts may be available.