Caldwell University Esports Team
The Caldwell University Esports team kicked off in Fall 2019. The University gaming arena features 12 PCs for students to game on. The Esports team currently plays Overwatch, Valorant, and League of Legends at a competitive level against other schools in the ECAC. In past seasons, the team has also competed in Rocket League. Coach ToniAnn Convertino plans to add more games in the near future. Individual teams include men and women competing at the same level.
Complete the form below to learn about joining our team!
Caldwell University Esports Form
- Game modes: Assault, Control, Escort, and Hybrid
- Roles: Tank, Damage, and Support
- Duelists are the ones who push forward into conflicts with the enemy team. Think of them as attackers.
- Initiators focus on gathering intel and help the team push.
- Sentinels are defenders, usually playing the back line of a team.
- Controllers are good at blocking off sight lines and generally offer support to the team.
League of Legends
- Marksman: Bottom
- Mage: Middle, Support or Top
- Assassin: Middle or Jungle
- Tank: Top, Jungle or Support
- Fighter: Top or Jungle
- Support: Bottom or Jungle
Interested in joining or learning more about our Esports team?
Contact Professor Neil Malvone or Tim Kessler-Cleary, Assistant Dean for Student Engagement and Retention.