Caldwell, N.J.- Caldwell University Athletics ranks among top-three in academic excellence in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference. Caldwell achieved an Academic Success Rate of 90%, an increase of 1% from last year, which ranks tied for 36th across Division II institutions.
The ASR is the percentage of student-athletes who graduate within six years of initial enrollment in college and includes virtually all Division II student-athletes and those not receiving athletics scholarships.
The Division II ASR also captures about 50 percent more college athletes than the federal graduation rate. Unlike the federal graduation rate, the ASR also counts student-athletes who transfer to a school after initial enrollment elsewhere and removes from the rate student-athletes who leave school while academically eligible. The national ASR is 74 percent for student-athletes who entered college from 2010 through 2013, which is the latest data released by the NCAA.
Caldwell University increased their academic success during the previous cohort year. Several highlights from the current’s year report include:
- 73% Student-Athlete Graduation Rate
- 90% Academic Success Rate (increase of 1% from previous year and top-36 in Division II nationally)
- One of three CACC Schools to achieve 90% Academic Success Rate
- 4 Caldwell Teams have a 100% Academic Success – Women’s Lacrosse, Women’s Tennis, Women’s Volleyball, and Men’s Cross Country/Track and Field
- 9 of 11 Caldwell Teams have an academic success rate at or above the national sport average
- CU’s Academic Success rate of 90% and Federal Graduation Rate of 73% each placed third out of the 14 CACC institutions
|Team||CU ASR||National ASR Rate|
|Men’s Cross Country/Track & Field||100||—|
|Women’s Cross Country/ Track & Field||89||79|