Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
Caldwell University is proud to launch a new Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, a 12-credit, post-baccalaureate program offered through the School of Business and Computer Science. The certificate can be completed over the course of an academic year through evening and online classes.
Students pursuing a graduate certificate in Business Administration will gain essential business knowledge and skills necessary for successful business operation and leadership. Required courses are part of the Caldwell University MBA curriculum, so this is a “stackable” certificate, meaning the credits can be applied toward a future MBA degree.
This certificate program is designed to help you create and lead a small business by learning skills in analysis, business law, accounting, marketing, leadership, communication, finance, strategy and more.
This program prepares you to analyze a business’s strengths and weaknesses, determine how best to enhance profitability, and steer companies through challenging business conditions. As a graduate, you will be qualified to effectively plan, organize, direct, and control small business activities.
The Graduate Business Administration Certificate is a smart option for counselors, social workers, behavioral analysts or any other practitioner seeking to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to operate and market their own independent business.
Areas of focus include:
- Business Planning
- Business Law
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- BU 095 MBA Prerequisite Module for applicants with an undergraduate degree outside of business*
*This is undergraduate course content and may not be counted toward a graduate degree. Students pay undergraduate tuition for these 3 credits.
Prerequisite Course for Students without an Undergraduate Business Degree:
- BU 095 MBA Prerequisite Module (3 credits)
- BU 625 Accounting for Managers (3 credits)
Marketing Course (choose one 3-credit course):
- BU 650 eMarketing
- BU 638 Marketing in a Dynamic Environment
Law Course (choose one three-credit course):
- BU 649 Business Law, Ethical Behavior, and Social Responsibility
- BU 652 Employment Law
Business Elective* (choose one 3-credit course):
- BU 520 Advanced Business Strategy
- BU 537 Financial Management
- BU 620 Executive Business Communications
- BU 633 Organizational Behavior for Managers
- BU 635 Strategic Human Resource Management
- BU 670 Integrated Marketing Communication
- BU 702 Leadership Skill Development
*Students in Applied Behavior Analysis programs instead take ABA 624 Organizational Behavior Management (3 credits),
which counts double toward the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration and as a required course in post-MA, MA, or Ph.D. program.