SOAR Program Eligibility
Successful applicants must demonstrate a willingness to commit to full participation in the SOAR program as listed below:
- Seek to understand the nature of their learning process
- Desire to acquire skills and strategies to enable college success
- Commit to attend regular weekly coaching sessions
- Work to achieve goals established during coaching sessions
- Understand that no curricular adjustments will be made for program participants
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Incoming freshmen and/or undergraduate transfer students who have been accepted to Caldwell University are eligible to apply. Applications for the SOAR program require that students provide documentation of a language-based and/or neurological learning disability including attention deficit disorders.
- Apply to Caldwell University via the Caldwell Application or the Common Application.
- As part of this application process, students must submit their high school transcript, two letters of recommendation, essay and SAT/ACT scores if available (Caldwell is a test-optional university.).
- Submit SOAR program application.
- As part of this application process, students must submit documentation of their diagnosis. Documentation must be dated within 3 years and may include a current IEP, 504 Plan and/or testing reports such as an educational, psychological or neuropsychological evaluation.
- Once a student has been admitted to the university, their SOAR application will be reviewed by SOAR staff.
- Eligible students will receive an interview request to meet with SOAR staff for an opportunity to share a little about themselves and ask any questions they may have.
The SOAR program provides individualized services that are above and beyond accommodations required by law. Due to the level of service provided, the SOAR program carries an annual cost of $5,000 per academic year in addition to standard tuition and fees. This annual cost is charged at a rate of $2500 per semester in Fall and Spring. Some students may be eligible for financial assistance. For more information regarding financial aid, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.