Defining a Disability
A person with a disability is defined as any person who:
- has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activity
- has a record of such impairment
- is regarded as having such an impairment
ELIGIBILITY FOR SERVICES
An eligible student is one who:
- has been accepted to the University. Students with disabilities must meet all standard admissions requirements. Caldwell University does not have any special admission provisions for students with disabilities.
- has provided the OAS with sufficient substantiating documentation that verifies the disabling condition and the functional limitations it imposes on major life functions.
Students with disabilities must self-identify to the OAS. An appointment for an intake will be made and the student will be asked to provide documentation. An academic accommodation plan cannot and will not be created without proper documentation. Students may self-identify and present documentation at any time during the academic year. Accommodations are not retro-active and may take 1-2 weeks to process.
Office of Accessibility Services at Caldwell University
Student Center, First Floor
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm
Director of Accessibility Services: Elizabeth Skinner, MA, MAA, LDT-C