Phi Kappa Phi
Honor. Excellence. Impact.
Founded in 1897, the Society is the nation’s oldest and most selective honor society for all academic disciplines. Its mission is to recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others. Caldwell University, #335, received its charter in April 2016.
Current Chapter Officers
2022-2023 Chapter Officers
- Dr. Susan Hayes, President
- Dr. Ellina Chernobilsky, President Elect
- Maria Miceli, Treasurer
- Dr. Marjorie Squires, Secretary
- Student Vice President, Nishant Pokhrel
- Dr. Agnes Berki
- Lynne Alleger
- Dr. William Velhagen
- Membership in Phi Kappa Phi is by invitation only per the national PKP eligibility guidelines. Letters of Invitation are only issued by the local chapter and sent via email and regular mail in early Spring.
- Each year, approximately 30,000 members are initiated.
- Since its founding, PKP has initiated more than 1.25 million members.
Phi Kappa Phi Grant and Scholarship Awards
PKP has multiple award programs for outstanding students and members:
Application Portal opens on December 15, 2022 for:
- Pioneer Awards: $1,000 awards to encourage and reward undergraduate members for developing the research, engagement and leadership skills necessary to become a successful scholar.
- Fellowship Awards provide funding to first year graduate students who are pursuing post-baccalaureate degrees (from $8,500 to $35,000)
Application Portal is open and closes November 30, 2022 for:
- Dissertation Fellowships $10,000 each to active members who are doctoral candidates and are completing dissertations. The fellowship supports students in the dissertation writing stage of doctoral study. Awards are for 12 months of dissertation writing. All pre-dissertation requirements should be met by the application deadline, including approval of the dissertation proposal.
- Graduate Research Grant – up to $1,500 to active members attending graduate school. These grants provide funding for research in support of career development opportunities.