Honor. Excellence. Impact.
Founded in 1897, the Society is the nation’s oldest and most selective honor society for all academic disciplines. Its mission is to recognize and promote academic excellence in all fields of higher education and to engage the community of scholars in service to others. Caldwell University, #335, received its charter in April 2016.
- Lynne Alleger, President, Academic Success Center, member since 2016
- Agnes Berki, President Elect, Associate Professor of Biology, member since 2017
- William Velhagen, Past President, Associate Professor of Biology, member since 1984
- Rachel Carey, Secretary, member since 2016
- Maria Miceli, Treasurer, Assistant to the Vice President for Student Life, member since 2016
- Francine Del Vecchio, Public Relations Officer, Professor, School of Education, member since 2016
Student Vice Presidents
- Favour Garuba, inducted in 2018
- Chennelle Lawrence, inducted in 2018
- Anwar Khalil, Associate Member
- Roksana Korbi, Associate Member
- Membership in Phi Kappa Phi is by invitation only per the national PKP eligibility guidelines. Letters of Invitation are only issued by the local chapter and sent via email and regular mail in early Spring.
- Each year, approximately 30,000 members are initiated.
- Since its founding, PKP has initiated more than 1.25 million members.
Study Abroad Grants/Literacy Grants/Fellowships
- Caldwell University PKP members are encouraged to apply for grants and awards offered by the national organization.