Health Profession Affiliation Programs
Caldwell University maintains affiliation agreements with several health profession programs. In many of these agreements, students who meet a professional school’s requirements can enter the school after completing just three years at Caldwell University. For additional information, contact the Pre-Professional Advisor, Dr. William Velhagen (email@example.com).
Students interested in an affiliation program must select an undergraduate major (usually biology, chemistry, or health sciences) and discuss their course choices with the Pre-Professional Advisor. Students typically apply for admission to the professional school during their second or third year at Caldwell University. Admission requirements may include a certain GPA and score on a standardized test (such as the MCAT, DAT, or GRE). Admission to Caldwell University does not guarantee admission to the professional school.
Some programs will provisionally accept high school seniors applying for admission to Caldwell University. For the 3+4 MD program with Rutgers University-New Jersey Medical School, applicants must have a GPA > 3.5, SAT scores > 1470, and be in the top 10% of their high school class. For the 3+4 MD and DVM programs with St. George’s University, applicants must have at GPA > 3.5 and SAT scores > 1270.
For the above programs, students must indicate their interest when they apply to Caldwell University. We will screen qualified applicants and forward our top choices to the professional schools, which decide whom to conditionally admitted. To continue to the professional school, admitted students need to maintain a specific GPA (>3.5 for Rutgers, >3.4 for St. George’s) and receive a competitive score (as determined by the medical school) on the MCAT or GRE. Application and supporting documents must be submitted by December 1st.
For inquiries about these accelerated programs, please contact our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes for Fall 2022 applicants:
-Rutgers New Jersey Medical School REQUIRES test scores. They must be submitted with everything by the December 1st deadline.
– International students are not eligible for the 3+4 program with Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
– For St. George’s University, applications can be test optional. Test scores are encouraged but not required.
Lake Eerie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) will also provisionally accept high school seniors. For the 4+4 DO and 4+4 DMD programs, applicants must have a GPA > 3.5 and either SAT scores > 1240 or ACT scores > 26. For the 3+4 DO program, applicants must have a GPA> 3.7 and either SAT scores 1340 or ACT scores > 28.
Interested students must apply to LECOM as well as to Caldwell. LECOM will screen qualified applicants and inform Caldwell of acceptance decisions. To continue to the professional school, students must meet additional GPA, test score, and interview requirements. For additional information about these programs with LECOM, email email@example.com.
Allopathic Medicine (MD)
- 3+4 program with Rutgers-New Jersey Medical School (Rutgers-NJMS)*
- 3+4 program with St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada**
- 4+4 program with American University of Antigua College of Medicine (AUA)
Athletic Training: (MSAT)
- 3+2 program with Seton Hall University.
Chiropractic Medicine (DC)
- 3+4 and 4+4 programs with Northeast College (formerly New York Chiropractic College).
- 3+4 program with Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (Rutgers-SDM)
- 4+4 program with LECOM School of Dental Medicine**
Occupational Therapy (MS)
- 3+2 Program with Columbia University’s College of Physicians & Surgeons
- 4+2 program wtih Moravian University School of Rehabilitation Sciences
- 3+4 program with the Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Salus University
Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- 3+4 and 4+4 programs with Lake Eerie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)**
- 3+4 program with Touro College of Pharmacy
Physician Assistant (MS)
- 4+2 program with Salus University
Physical Therapy (DPT)
- 3+4 program with New York Medical College
- 3+4 program with the New York College of Podiatric Medicine
Medical Technology (BS; requires one year of hospital practicum)
- 3+1 program with Meridian Health System, Jersey Shore Medical Center
- 3+1 program with Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ
- 3+1 program with New York Methodist Hospital
Clinical Laboratory Science (BS, requires 15 months of hospital practicum)
- 3+1 program with Rutgers University
* May be selected only when applying to Caldwell University, not after acceptance into Caldwell.
** May be selected both when applying to Caldwell University or after acceptance into Caldwell.