Campus Safety

Caldwell University Campus Security

Director: Glenn M. Gates, CPP
Campus Safety 973-618-3259
Campus Security 973-618-3286
Campus Switchboard 973-618-3289 or dial 0 from a campus phone
University Concern (Confidential Helpline) 973-618-3333

The Campus Safety Office and ID Room are located in room 119 at the Student Center. The Safety Office is typically opened at 8 am – 4 pm, Monday through Friday. Security is present 24 hours a day during the school year and can fulfill the most basic parking permit and ID card needs up until 10 pm.

ID cards are necessary for anyone on a university meal plan and for resident students to gain access to their residence hall. ID cards are also used for the Library, Fitness /Center and University Bookstore. Caldwell University ID cards are covered by tuition, but those who lose their ID card repeatedly will be charged a $10.00 replacement fee.

Resident students living in a room with a “swipe card” lock will need to see the Safety Director or a Residence Life staffer have their replacement ID card encoded for it to unlock their residence room door.

Sign Up for the Emergency Notification SystemAll University students, faculty and staff are required to display a parking permit on their vehicle(s). The cost is covered in tuition. Parking rules can be found on the permit application, in the student handbook, or by following the link below.

The University Security office is located adjacent to the main parking lot along the Loop Road. The officer on duty is frequently on patrol and may not be found within. Security guards are connected by walkie-talkie with the university switchboard. Emergency phones on campus, including the one attached to the Security office, will ring the switchboard which is manned by an operator 24/7. The phone number for Security is 973-618-3286. If no one answers, there is an option to be connected with the campus switchboard, or you can leave a message.

If you would like to make an anonymous report about an issue of concern regarding safety, emotional health, or substance abuse, you can dial the University Concern helpline at 973-618-3333 and listen to the voice prompts.

Below are a number of useful documents pertaining to Safety/Security: