Supply Chain Management
Major in Supply Chain Management at Caldwell University
The Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management degree program at Caldwell University is designed to prepare you for a career in the rapidly expanding supply chain management industry.
The current times have seen incredible growth in global e-commerce as well as highly publicized supply chain issues, casting a spotlight on supply chain management as a changing field. If you’re intrigued by global supply chain logistics and managing the path from supplier to buyer, earning a B.S. in Supply Chain Management prepares you for a career in logistics and supply chain operations in nearly any industry.
Located in New Jersey, Caldwell’s proximity to the global shipping hub of New York City uniquely positions students to thrive in logistical work environments, with internship opportunities in supply chain management built into the Bachelor of Science curriculum.
Learn how to optimize any business’s supply chain process and qualify for a number of positions with a B.S. in Supply Chain Management degree from Caldwell University.
Supply Chain Management Program Outcomes
Supply chain management involves overseeing every step of getting a product or service from the producer to the final user efficiently. The B.S. in Supply Chain Management is a 63-credit program addressing every aspect of logistics and supply chain management, from procurement and purchasing to transportation.
The B.S. in Supply Chain Management degree outcomes include mastery of:
- Application of quantitative analytical models to data collected
- Strategic business planning and decision making
- Project management and customer service
- Demand management
- Inventory control and cost minimizing strategies
- Process analysis and improvement in managing factories, warehouses, and shipping
This program is designed to be accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) when eligible, following the graduation of the first cohort.
Bachelor’s Degree Requirements
To major in Supply Chain Management, the Bachelor of Science degree requires:
- Foundational courses in business administration
- Six major courses (including Introduction to Supply Chain Management, Project and Operations Management, Environmental Law, and Enterprise Resource Planning for Supply Chain)
- An internship semester in a supply chain and logistics management setting
- Capstone course encompassing topics learned and hands-on experience
In addition to Supply Chain Management major requirements, your Bachelor of Science degree will encapsulate Foundations general education courses and elective courses to give your undergraduate education a global perspective grounded in critical thinking.
Minor Options at Caldwell
Caldwell University’s minor degree programs allow you to amplify your studies in a secondary concentration with grouped elective credits. Adding a minor in accounting, finance, or even global business could enrich your academic experience and build your resume.
Supply Chain Management Career Outlook
Supply chain management presents strong labor market opportunities. From government agencies and tech manufacturers to aerospace and retail companies, many different economic sectors are looking for employees who can help make the moving of products more efficient. Thanks to the rise of e-commerce and online shopping, the boom in supply chain management careers isn’t stopping anytime soon.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports a predicted 30% job growth by 2030 for logisticians, noting it as much faster than average compared to other professions
- Supply chain management jobs accounted for one of the highest average quarterly number of job postings in 2021 (EAB 2020)
- New Jersey is one of the top five states with the highest concentrations of logistician jobs according to the BLS.
- According to the BLS, New Jersey is one of the top five highest-paying states for transportation and distribution managers.
Having mastered essential business skills that could benefit virtually any industry, graduates of the B.S. in Supply Chain Management degree program will enjoy unbeatable access to one of the top metropolitan areas for logistics and supply chain careers.
Earn a Bachelor’s in Supply Chain Management at Caldwell University
In today’s world, a Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management degree opens the door to employment opportunities in a number of industries engaged in purchasing, transportation, and inventory management.
Successfully tackle the supply chain issues of today and of the future backed by the well-rounded, hands-on academic experience of a Supply Chain Management major at Caldwell University.
To learn more about the B.S. in Supply Chain Management degree program, request information by filling out the form on this page.
*This degree program is designed to be accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) when eligible, following graduation of the first cohort.