NP2 – New Paths to the Nursing Profession at Caldwell University.
Up to eight (8) unlicensed employees from St. Joseph’s Healthcare System with aspirations to be nurses and have at least 2 years of experience as health care paraprofessionals, are currently working in that job capacity, and are not currently enrolled in a baccalaureate nursing program.
Potential to earn greater and more stable income, to improve family well-being, and to have greater job satisfaction and work schedule flexibility.
Complete the nursing prerequisite liberal arts and science coursework (freshmen and sophomore year) in a nurturing learning environment.
- Summer 2014 boot-camp to prepare for college-level coursework in fall semester
- Personal attention and academic advisement
- Academic tutoring
- One-on-one mentoring with a nurse working at St. Joseph’s
- Annual grant when combined with other financial aid that could cover tuition and books
- Child care stipends, book stipends and employee tuition remission benefits
- In class & online courses in 7-week accelerated formats with science courses in summer
JULY 15, 2014 PRIORITY DEADLINE TO COMPLETE THE NP2 APPLICATION PROCESS.
- Personal essay on how a nursing degree will change your family life and what attributes and accomplishments you bring to the profession
- Official high school/college transcripts and SAT scores (if available)
- Recommendation from a healthcare professional who can attest to your determination, dedication, and personality characteristics that will match nursing’s core values
- Work resume
- Personal interview with the Admission Committee