The Rights and Responsibility of the Student
As a student with a disability, you have the right to:
- Equal access to courses, programs, services, jobs, activities, and facilities available within the university.
- Reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids as determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Appropriate confidentiality for all information pertaining to disability. Details regarding your disability cannot be released nor discussed with anyone without your written consent. Disability information is never part of your academic record, nor noted on your transcript.
- Information reasonably available in accessible formats.
As a student with a disability, you have the responsibility to:
- Be qualified. Meet all academic and technical standards.
- Self-identify and fully participate in the accommodation process.
- Be involved in the planning, negotiation, and implementation of all accommodations.
- Make requests for accommodations in a timely and reasonable manner.
- Provide proper documentation to justify all requests. Documentation that verifies the nature of the disability must be provided by an appropriate professional source.
Office of Disability Services at Caldwell University
Student Center, First Floor
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm
Director of Disability Services:Barbara Moran, M.P.A.