Priority registration refers to the opportunity to register for classes prior to the date that one would normally be scheduled to do so based on their earned credits and prior to the beginning of registration for the general student population.
Priority registration is available each semester to full-time enrolled student-athletes who are listed on the team’s certified eligibility roster. It is important that student-athletes take advantage of this opportunity in order to minimize missed class time for competition.
A student-athlete is not permitted to miss class for athletic practice.
Registration for Fall semester is in April
Registration for Spring semester is in November.
STEP 2: Pick up the Registration Form in the Registrar’s Office
- All students will receive notification about 2 weeks prior to the start of registration. The notification will indicate your advisor’s name and the date and time you are scheduled to register.
- You are required to meet with your academic advisor to discuss course selections.
STEP 3: Meet with your Academic Advisor prior to your Registration time
- You must first meet with your Academic Advisor in your academic major each semester for assistance in selecting courses.
- You must then meet with the Director of Advisement in the Center for Student Success to ensure that your classes do not overly conflict with your game schedule.
- Be aware of your advisor’s office hours and policy for scheduling appointments
(i.e. by phone, email, sign up sheet, etc.).
STEP 4: Preparing to Register
- DO NOT attempt to register before your scheduled time. If you are uncertain as to when you can register, contact the Director of Advisement in the Center for Student Success.
- Remember that you will need to be registered for a minimum of 12 credits to be considered a full-time student; nine credits if a graduate student.
STEP 5: Registration Day
- In order to register for classes, you must have your registration form completed and signed by both your Faculty Advisor and the Director of Advisement in the Center for Student Success.
- When registration opens, you may take your completed form to the Registrar’s office, and they will complete your registration for you. Student-Athletes may not register online.
IF YOU HAVE A “HOLD” ON YOUR RECORD YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR CLASSES UNTIL THE SITUATION IS RECTIFIED.