UndergraduatesAdult Undergraduates Student Athletes

1. Should I make an appointment with my advisor to review my courses before I register?

All traditional undergraduates have an advisement hold on their account which necessitates a visit to their advisor to review course choices, prior to registration. Once a meeting occurs with the advisor, he/she will then remove the hold and the student can then register.

We also encourage all adult undergraduates to consult with their respective faculty advisor out of the Center for Student Success to review their courses choices, prior to registration.

2. What is the maximum number of credits I am allowed to take?

Traditional & Adult undergraduate students can enroll in a minimum of 12 credits and a maximum of 18 in any given semester to be eligible for full time status. If a student wants to enroll in additional credits, there are certain criteria that need to be met as noted in the College Undergraduate Catalog. If the student is eligible to request a course overload, they must submit the necessary paperwork.

3. I have an advising hold on my account. What does this mean?

There are several types of holds which can prevent a student from registering. An advising hold implies that a meeting must occur with the academic advisor. There are also other types of holds which may require a student speaking to a specific office, i.e. Bursar Hold; Health Hold, etc.

4. How do I know when I am eligible to register?

The registration dates are posted on the Registrar’s website, in the Academic Course Offerings book, and on MyCaldwell Portal.

5. Where can I find instructions on how to register online?

Directions about how to register on-line can be found on the “Online Resources” on the Advisement Website.

6. Can off-season athletes register online?

All athletes register in the Office of the Registrar regardless of season. Student athletes must obtain the signature of their advisor in addition to the Director of Academic Advisement to ensure they stay “on track” for graduation and minimize class/game conflicts

7. What do I do if I cannot remember my NetID password or if I “locked myself out?”

You must visit the myPassword self-service password management page and either reset or unlock your NetID password: http://my.caldwell.edu/?ReturnURL=https://mail.caldwell.edu

8. Who should I contact if I am having problems registering online?

There may be several reasons why a student has difficulty registering on-line. There are certain courses which must be registered for in person: i.e. if a student is repeating a course or if there is a prerequisite. Students must then fill out an add/drop form, have it signed by their advisor, and drop it off to the Registrar’s office.

9. What is the difference between dropping a class and withdrawing from a class?

The distinction is the time in the semester. Within the first week of classes called the add/drop period, students can drop classes without them ever appearing on their permanent record. During this time, students can also add course(s).

After that, there are two times in the semester when students can withdraw from a course with a W notation or if after a certain number of weeks, with a WP or WF (withdrawal passing or withdrawal failing.) Students should refer to the academic calendar for withdrawal dates.

10. How do I declare or change my major?

If you want to either declare or change your major, you need to complete a Declaration Add/Delete Major form available on the Registrar’s list of forms online. It should then be signed by the Chair of the Department and returned to the Office of the Registrar and then the major will be changed in the system and a new advisor will be assigned.

Adult Undergraduates should refer to the FAQs For Adult Undergraduates

11. How do I change my Academic Advisor?

Once you officially declare your major(s), you will be assigned a Faculty Advisor within the department to help guide your plans to complete your requirements and discuss other opportunities available within the major. Students who wish to change their major must fill out the “Declaration of Added/Deleted Major” form, have it signed by the Chair of the Department, and return the form to the Registrar’s Office. He/she will then reassign you a new Academic Advisor within your new major. Students who wish to keep the same major, but change their Academic Advisor due to varied interests must get the “Change of Advisor” form signed by both their old and new Academic Advisors, and the Chair of the Department and return the form to the Registrar’s office.

12. How do I withdraw or take a leave of absence from Caldwell?

While our hope is to have every student continue at the college, we understand that for various reasons students may need to take a break or leave the community. Students should read the “Taking Time Away From The College” webpage to understand which option best works for their situation and then call the Center for Student Success to schedule an appointment to meet with the Director of Advisement (for Traditional Undergraduate Students) or their Academic Advisor (for Adult Undergraduate Students).

13. How do I look up who my Faculty Advisor is?

You can look up who your advisor is through your myCaldwell Portal. Log into your MyCaldwell Portal and click on the “Academic Info” tab or the “Academics” tab and the name of your advisor will be listed.

For additional questions please contact the Center for Student Success

1. Are the degree requirements different for Adult Undergraduate students than for Traditional Undergraduate students?
No, the graduation degree requirements are the same for all Caldwell undergraduate students.

2. Will the transcript specify how the degree was completed, i.e. on-campus, externally, or online?
No, all Caldwell transcripts/diplomas are the same. All courses are taught by Caldwell University faculty and reflect the same rigor of instruction.

3. May Adult Undergraduates take daytime classes on-campus?
Yes, adult students may take classes in a variety of ways. In addition to daytime classes, the Adult Undergraduates may take classes in the evening, on Saturdays in an accelerated format (7 week fall/spring), through distance learning and online.

4. May Adult Undergraduates use Campus facilities and services?
Yes, all campus facilities ranging from the Fitness Center, to Intramural activities, to dinning plans at the newly renovated Dining Hall as well as tutoring, academic workshops, and additional services are available to all members of the Caldwell community.

5. Will Adult Undergraduates have an Academic Advisor?
Yes, unlike Traditional Undergraduates, all Adult Undergraduates have a professional Academic Advisor from the Center for Student Success.

6. Do Adult Undergraduates participate in Graduation?
Yes, all Adult Undergraduates are encouraged and invited to participate in all graduation ceremonies and traditions at Caldwell University.

8. Is the cost of tuition different between a Traditional Undergraduate and an Adult Undergraduate student?
Yes, the cost of tuition is different. Adult Undergraduates pay by course/credit while Traditional Undergraduates pay an annual tuition. There is a comprehensive fee per fall and spring semester and a fee for Online and Distance Learning classes.

9. Are Adult Undergraduates eligible for financial aid and scholarships?
Yes, Financial Aid and scholarships are available to the Adult Undergraduates. See the specific scholarships for criteria and guidelines.

10. How do I look up who my Faculty Advisor is?
You can look up who your advisor is through your MyCaldwell Portal. Log into your MyCaldwell Portal and click on the “Academic Info” tab or the “Academics” tab and the name of your advisor will be listed.

For additional questions please contact the Center for Student Success

The first priority of a student-athlete is to be a student, and the second priority is to be an athlete. In order to succeed academically, student-athletes are encouraged to follow all academic policies and procedures as listed in the Undergraduate Catalog and Caldwell University Student Handbook. These policies must be adhered to for purposes of athletic eligibility.

All e-mail correspondence, which includes communication from athletic department representatives, will be sent to the student-athlete’s Caldwell e-mail address.

Please visit the following areas for more information:

Academic Requirements for Athletic Eligibility
Academic and Student-Athlete Support Services
Class Attendance
Declaring a Major
GPA and Credit Deficiencies
Priority Registration