Update: Application Deadline Extended to june 15
- Complete an online program registration at www.caldwell.edu/SLI.
- Download the recommendation form from the website and have a youth minister, teacher, guidance counselor or other adult non-family member complete/mail in the form to the address below.
SPIRITUALITY AND SOCIETY SUMMER PROGRAM
July 15-21 Caldwell University, Caldwell, NJ
Seven days of thinking deeply about our lives and the things we do on a day-to-day basis. What does it look like for us to eat, drink, dress, shop, watch, play, and love in ways that help and heal those around us as well as foster health and happiness in our own lives? Mornings will consist of “class,” afternoons will consist of free time and organized events, and evenings will be spent in discussion and hangout.
Our morning scheduled topics:
Day 1 – Check-in and activities
Day 2 – Owning, simplicity, and the environment
Day 3 – Thinking, meditation, and school
Day 4 – Talking, silence, and media
Day 5 – Socializing, solitude, and parties
Day 6 – Eating, fasting and feasting, and food
Day 7 – Debrief and departure
Afternoons: The Turtle Back Zoo, canoeing at the Essex County Environmental Center, attending a local baseball game, ice cream social, and exploring a labyrinth, for example.
OCT. 6-9 Spruce Lake Retreat Center, Canadensis, PA
A retreat that explores the nature and purpose of calling. Participants will learn:
- The key to identifying your leadership gifts and how to discern what practices will help you develop these gifts and achieve your goals as leaders.
- The history and value of a Rule of Life and how to write your own Rule of Life that will serve you as you lead.
- What the common good is and how each of us can uniquely make a contribution to it through our professions and jobs.