How do I complete the FAFSA?
1. Log in to the FAFSA website (www.fafsa.gov) and select “START 2020-2021 FAFSA”
2. Follow the easy step-by-step instructions

If I am accepted into the program and later change my major to a non-STEM degree, what will happen?
This scholarship is only available to students with a major in Biology, Chemistry, or Math. If you are not majoring in one of these three subjects, you will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.

If I am accepted into the program and later change my major from Biology to Health Science what will happen?
Health Science, Public Health and Nursing majors are not eligible for this scholarship. If you change to one of these majors, you will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.

Are international students able to apply?
The NSF only can provide scholarships to students who are a US citizen, permanent resident, national or refugee.

If I already receive other forms of financial aid, how will getting the S-STEM scholarship affect those awards?
This scholarship can be added to the other scholarships and/or other grant funding you receive such as Pell, Caldwell University Scholarships, and outside scholarships.

What are my requirements if I get awarded the S-STEM scholarship?
You will need to maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher while attending Caldwell. You will need to show continued financial need and remain a STEM major (Biology, Chemistry or Math). You will also be required to attend and participate in events that assist in furthering your academic and professional
achievement. Students will be encouraged to participate in studies designed to understand their experiences in the program.

Will working at a job affect my eligibility for the S-STEM scholarship?
No, however, this scholarship is intended to help you work less so that you can spend more time studying and participating in other activities such as internships and research. We strongly recommend you reduce your work hours as much as possible if awarded this scholarship so that you can maintain the necessary GPA and participate in all of the opportunities the scholarship provides.

If I transfer to another school, will my S-STEM scholarship go with me?
No, it will not.

Who should I ask for a recommendation letter?
You can ask for a letter from a high school teacher (STEM teacher preferred), counselor/advisor or someone who knows you well. Have your letter writer send their letter directly to the STEM Scholars program committee; the email address is on the recommendation letter form.