Home » Residence Life » Returning Student Housing

Returning Student Housing


All students currently residing on-campus must participate in Room Draw if they wish to reserve a room for the new academic year. The $200 deposit for room draw is non-refundable to the Bursar Office. Students who miss room draw but submit a request for on-campus housing at a later date will be placed on a wait list for housing, and will only be housed if space is available after all incoming freshmen and transfers have been housed.

Below is a simple step by step guide about returning to campus

1. In order to be a eligible to return to housing you must pay your housing deposit. Housing deposits are applicable toward room and board only, and are non-refundable if a student withdraws from the residence halls. Room deposits are refundable if a student is dismissed from the College or from the residence halls prior to the start of the Fall Semester.If you have questions about how you can pay your deposit the Bursar Office at 973-618-3545.

2. Within 2-3 business days after receipt of your deposit, you will receive an email prompting you to complete our Residence Life Housing Contract . All returning resident students have an established account. If you have forgotten your username and/or password, please click on “Forgot Username or Password?”, at which time you can reset your username and/or password. You will be able to fill out a preferences form to find the right roommate, form groups with residents you wish to reside with and list preferences for a room type.

3. All housing contracts received after this time will automatically be placed on the waiting list. If you are a commuter, please visit the address link below for the necessary Health Forms to be medically cleared to live in the residence halls. https://www.caldwell.edu/student_services/health

Please note that only full time traditional and adult undergraduates who are taking a minimum of 12 credits and graduate students who are taking a minimum of 9 credits are eligible for on-campus housing. Exceptions to this policy may only be authorized by the Director of Residence Life, or by the Vice President of Student Life.


The Residence Life Office will assess a $150 cancellation fee for all those who are approved to cancel their housing contract with the exception of graduating seniors. If a cancellation form is approved, prepaid fund shall be refunded to the student according to the Caldwell College Refund Schedule.

  • Within the first week of occupancy – 80%
  • Within the second week of occupancy – 60%
  • Within the third week of occupancy – 40%
  • Within the fourth week of occupancy – 25%
  • After four weeks of occupancy – No refund


Room changes can be made twice during the academic year. During the first two weeks of each semester, students may apply for a room change. Students interested in changing rooms are responsible for negotiating their own room changes, and any changes must agreeable to all parties involved. If agreeable, all parties that will be making the room change must obtain a Permission To Move Form from their RAs or the Office of Residence Life. They will submit the completed form to the Office of Residence life for approval. If approved, the student will be able to make the move.

Consolidation: Caldwell University Residence Life Department reserves the right to consolidate vacancies by requiring any student to move to a different but comparable space.