- Extended Library Hours 12/7 & Game Night 12/8! December 8, 2016 Extended hours start this Wednesday 12/7 in the Library: Wednesday and Thursday 12/7 & 12/8 ’til 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday 12/9 & 12/10 ’til 7 p.m. Sunday 12/11 ’til Midnight Monday – Wednesday 12/12 – 12/14 ’til 2 a.m. Don’t forget about Game Night ...
- Contests and Raffle Prizes in the Library! November 29, 2016 The library is giving you multiple ways to win raffle prizes as the semester winds down: Color a picture from our coloring table and hand it in at the Information Desk by 12/12 Send us pictures from campus events to firstname.lastname@example.org by ...
|Today’s Library Hours|
- CALCAT – Search the Library’s online catalog for books, e-books, music, videos and more.
- WorldCat – Can’t find what you need in CALCAT? Search the collections of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide, then submit an interlibrary loan request.
- E-book – The Library provides access to over 150,000 e-books, full-text electronic versions of printed books that can be viewed online 24/7. Use Summon or CALCAT to search all of our e-book collections at once, or click on the “E-book” link to access a specific collection.
Borrow Materials from Other Libraries
If the Jennings Library doesn’t have a book, article, or other item that you need, you may be able to get it from another library, through, Interlibrary Loan or reciprocal borrowing programs with other New Jersey Libraries.
Journal Locator – Find out if the library offers access to a specific journal
Find a Database – The library subscribes to many databases to help you find the sources you need for your academic research. We offer multiple ways to find a database below. For best results, we recommend that you do not use Internet Explore as your browser when using the library’s databases.
- Not sure where to start? Browse these frequently used databases.
- Browse an alphabetical list of our databases
- Browse our databases by the type of source you need: scholarly articles, reference books like encyclopedias and dictionaries, data and statistics, music and videos, and newspapers.
- Browse our databases by academic department: find out which databases our subject specialists recommend for doing research in your field.
We also encourage you to take advantage of our Summon search service, which searches almost all of the Library’s databases at once. Summon is particularly helpful for finding books, e-books, and journal articles on your topic.
Use the databases below to access streaming music and videos, available online 24/7.
- Films on Demand – View documentaries, educational videos, newsreels and interviews from a wide variety of disciplines, including films from BBC, NOVA, PBS, and TEDTalks.
- NJVID Digital Media Repository – Access streaming videos, audio, PDFs, and images uploaded by Caldwell University faculty, as well as documentaries and other films on a variety of subjects.
- VAST – Watch documentaries, instructional videos, newsreels, performances, and more from a wide variety of disciplines, including business, humanities, social science, and science.
- Counseling and Therapy in Video – View counseling sessions, consultations, interviews, demonstrations, and lectures intended to support the study of social work, psychotherapy, psychology, and psychiatric counseling.
- Nursing Education in Video – Watch full-length training videos for nurses, nursing assistants, and other healthcare workers.
- Naxos Music Library (NML) – Access an enormous online library of music, with over 1.7 million tracks. Naxos features primarily classical music, but also includes jazz, blue, contemporary instrumental, and world music.
Research Guides (LibGuides) and Tutorials
- Research Guides (Libguides) – Find helpful guides to help you get started on your research.
- Introduction to Research – a guide on starting the research process.
- Finding Sources – a general introduction to finding different types of sources available at Jennings Library, including books, scholarly and newspaper articles, music and videos, databases, and statistics.
- Get an Answer – Ask us a question, we’ll give you an answer.
- Online Tutorials – A collection of online tutorials on how to search and use the features in the library’s databases.
- Easy Bib – Use Easy Bib to keep track of your sources and properly cite them in a variety of formats. You must create an account and login to use Easy Bib. You can create a free account from the “Sign Up” link in the right corner of the Easy Bib website. When prompted, enter our coupon code: CaldwNJ406
- Citation Guide – Check out this guide for information on citing in various formats including APA and MLA. It includes properly formatted sample papers.
Ask Us for Help
- Chat– Click on the red “Ask Us” button on the side of the page and type in a question.
- Text us – 973- 947-6902
- Come in – Come to the library and speak to a friendly librarian.
- Call us – 973-618-3497
- Request a 1 on 1 Consultation with a Librarian
The Library is here to support the research, learning, learning, and teaching needs of Caldwell University students and faculty. Below are some of our featured services.
Services for Faculty
- Library Resource for Faculty – Learn what the Library has to offer.
- Information Literacy Instruction Form – Schedule a library instrucution session for your class.
- Ares Course Reserves – Place books, articles, and other materials (print or electronic) on reserve.
- NJVID – Upload video, audio, PDFs, and images for your courses and embed them into Blackboard.
Services for Students
- Group Study Rooms
- Services for Student with Disabilities
- Services for Graduate and Doctoral Students
Heather Cook, MLIS
Liaison for Business, Communication Arts, English, Modern Languages
Rebecca Driscoll, MLIS
Liaison for Art, Education, History and Political Science, Theology and Philosophy
Ellen Johnston, MLS
Liaison for ABA, Art Therapy, Nursing, Psychology and Counseling, and Public Health
Sara Rizzo, MLIS
Liaison for Math, Music, Science, and Sociology and Criminal Justice.