Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Caldwell University is an EOE.
TITLE: FULL TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, ATHLETICS
Caldwell University invites applications for a full-time Administrative Assistant, Athletics. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President and Director, Athletics this position is responsible for creating a welcoming office environment and providing general clerical support. Job duties include, but are not limited to;
• Providing front desk reception to include greeting visitors, answering phones, and following up on all inquiries, and prioritizing customer issues.
• Performing general office duties to include preparing correspondence, faxing, and filing, photocopying, establishing and maintaining files, mailings, processing incoming and outgoing mail, scheduling and canceling appointments.
• Preparing payment requests for cash advances, vendor payments, referee payments, and coach’s expenses.
• Preparing contracts for each home game and each sport.
• Providing support with various events and conferences.
• Maintaining the database containing the master athletic calendar for the college website.
• Arranging travel accommodations for the Assistant VP and Director, Athletics.
• Ordering and maintaining inventory of office supplies.
• Scheduling athletic department van maintenance.
• Maintaining the Director’s master sports schedule book.
• Revising, copying, and assembling coaches’ manuals, NCAA compliance notebooks, and player’s notebooks.
Knowledge equivalent to an Associate’s degree with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) plus 18 to 24 months of effective experience required. Experience working within an Athletics department preferred. Some evenings and weekends required. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the university. The successful candidate will be a team player with excellent organizational and communication skills, customer focus, and one who anticipates needs, can adapt to a changing work environment and is willing and able to learn new technical skills.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.