Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Caldwell University is an EOE.
Lab Coordinator (Part-Time)
Caldwell University invites applications for a part-time Lab Coordinator. The Lab Coordinator will be responsible for working with faculty to prepare laboratory exercises. Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing and setting up lab exercises in introductory and advanced biology and chemistry courses; this includes preparing media, solutions, cultures, specimens, and demonstrations.
- Cleaning and maintaining laboratories and supply storage areas.
- Maintaining inventory of all laboratory-related materials and ordering new supplies as needed within budget restrictions.
- Enforcing lab safety rules.
- Assisting department faculty as needed with audio-visual equipment or materials, lecture demonstration materials, and special projects.
- Supervising and training work-study students.
The Lab Coordinator must be flexible in order to be able to work with the department faculty, work-study students, as well as students taking our classes.
A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Biology and relevant experience are required. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the University.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.