Caldwell University is a private, Catholic coed four-year university with a strong liberal arts core curriculum that enhances critical thinking and analytical reasoning. Caldwell offers 25 undergraduate and 30 graduate programs, including doctoral, master’s, certificate and certification programs, as well as online and distance learning options that prepare students for today’s global marketplace. The university has 15 NCAA Division II athletic teams and numerous clubs, fraternities, sororities and activities on a beautiful 70-acre campus located in the suburbs of Caldwell, New Jersey. Caldwell was founded by the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Caldwell. Its core values of respect, integrity, community and excellence influence academic and campus life. For more information about Caldwell University, visit caldwell.edu.
Caldwell University is an EOE.
Title: Lab Coordinator
Caldwell University invites applications for a part-time Lab Coordinator. The Lab Coordinator will be responsible for working with faculty to prepare laboratory exercises. Job duties include, but are not limited to;
• Preparing and setting up lab exercises including media, solutions, cultures, specimens and demonstrations. This has to be conducted for all chemistry labs, advanced biology labs, i.e. cell biology, immunology and microbiology labs, as well as physics labs.
• Cleaning and maintaining labs, supplies, and storage areas.
• Maintaining inventory of all laboratory-related materials and ordering new supplies as needed within budget restrictions.
• Assisting all department faculty as needed with AV equipment or materials, lecture demonstration materials and special projects.
• Supervising, and training work- study students.
• The applicant must be flexible in order to be able to work with all faculty of the science dept, work –study students, as well as students taking our classes.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Biology plus 1-2 years of effective experience is required. Candidates must be willing to support the Dominican Catholic, liberal arts mission of the University.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information
Title: EOF Summer Lifeguard
The Lifeguard position is an hourly paid salary during the duration of the EOF Summer Program starting June 27th through July 28th. The lifeguard service are needed on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday; weekly hours will start on Wednesday, June 29, 2016 to Wednesday, July 27, 2016, and additional hours will include, Thursday, July 21st.
The Lifeguard’s responsibilities are:
1. Maintain discipline and rules around the pool at all time
2. Stopping pool activities immediately if students’ behavior is putting their safety or other students’ safety in danger. The lifeguard is then required to report the incident, as well as the student(s) involved, to the EOF Office.
3. Cleaning the pool everyday after the scheduled hours and make sure the pool gate is locked.
4. Reporting any unusual activities or unacceptable pool conditions to the EOF Director.
5. Stopping pool activities immediately, including the opening of the pool, when inclement weather is immanent or occurring. This includes taking responsibility for notifying the appropriate residential counselor(s), or EOF staff, about the decision, in a timely fashion.
The individual must have a valid New Jersey lifeguard/CPR license with at least one year of experience supervising groups around a pool environment. In addition, candidates for this position must be at least seniors in high school.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter specifying position, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information.