Combined B.S./M.S. Accounting
A combined B.S./M.S. in Accounting is available for currently enrolled Caldwell University undergraduate accounting students. When accounting majors have achieved junior status (60+ credits) and have achieved a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, they may request admission into the M.S. in Accounting program. Once admitted to the master’s program, the student takes a combination of undergraduate courses and graduate courses during the fourth year. Two graduate level courses (Advanced Business Strategy and Advanced Auditing) will be taken during the fourth year, one in the fall and one in the spring. The Business Strategy and Auditing core undergraduate courses required for a B.S. in Accounting will be waived. These six credits for graduate level courses will count towards both the student’s 120 credit hours required for the undergraduate B.S. in Accounting as well as towards the 30 credit hours required for the M.S. in Accounting. The bachelor’s degree will be awarded upon completion of the requirements for this degree. During the fifth year, the student exclusively takes 12 credit hours each semester of core and elective graduate courses required for the M.S. in Accounting. After completing the remaining 24 credit hours, the student will receive an M.S. in Accounting.
• Junior status by completing a minimum of 60 credit hours and an overall GPA of 3.0
• Declared accounting major
• Completion of a minimum of 12 credit hours of business courses at Caldwell University with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 in those courses
• A business administration division faculty member recommendation and sponsorship
• Submission of a graduate application
• Submission of a 200-300 word statement of objectives for entering the program
• The GMAT requirement will be WAIVED for successful applicants to the combined program
Credit hour Requirements
B.S. Business Division Degree Credit Hour Requirement(includes 6 graduate credit hours*)-120 Credits
M.B.A. Foundation Course-6 Credits
M.B.A. Courses-39 Credits
Total Combined B.S./M.B.A. Degree Credit Hours-159 Credits
*The M.B.A. Foundation(2) courses completed during the senior year apply to both B.S. and M.B.A.
It is anticipated that, because of the six “overlapping” credits, the State Board may require the CPA applicant to take additional credits to reach the necessary 150 credits. Contact the M.S. program coordinator for more information on this matter.