This program is intended for those who hold a master’s degree and who wish to become a licensed professional counselor (LPC) in New Jersey. According to the N.J. Professional Counselor Licensing Act, to become a licensed professional counselor, a candidate must have achieved a graduate degree in counseling and as part of the graduate study, successfully completed a minimum of 60 graduate semester hours, 45 of which must be distributed across eight of nine designated areas.
Students who have earned an M.A. in Counseling, but who have not earned the requisite 60 credit hours or who have not met the appropriate distribution requirements for professional licensure, may apply for admission to this program. Academic programs for these students are developed based on review of the individual candidates’ official graduate transcript(s). The Program Coordinator will assist the candidate in planning for the completion of areas/courses needed to satisfy educational requirements for licensing in New Jersey.
- A completed application
- M.A. in Counseling, M.A. in Counseling Psychology or M.A. in Counselor Education
- Official graduate transcript(s)
- One letter of recommendation
- Personal interview
Post-Master applicants who completed an M.A. in Counseling at Caldwell University
- Your graduate transcript will be obtained by Graduate Admissions from the Office of the Registrar
- Participate in an interview with the Program Coordinator in order to plan future coursework
- Letter of recommendation is waived