This program is designed to meet the State of New Jersey certification requirements for the Principal Certification for applicants who have an M.A. in Educational Administration, M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction, or a recognized field of leadership or management. Courses in the applicant’s master’s degree will be reviewed to determine the specific courses required for the Principal Certification, which may include educational research. To earn the New Jersey Principal Certification, candidates need to complete five years of experience with appropriate New Jersey school certification.
Out-of-state candidates should investigate the requirements for their state endorsement.
- Verification of an appropriately earned master’s degree through official graduate transcript(s), or current enrollment in either the M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction or the M.A. in Educational Administration.
- Teacher or appropriate school certification
- ED 635 Principles and Practices of Curriculum Development
and Supervision in Subject Matter Areas (3)
- ED 650 Curriculum Leadership (3)
- ED 670 General Principles of Staff Supervision: Theory and
Practice in Educational Administration and
- ED 672 School Finance: Public and Private Funding (3)
- ED 674 Education Law & Regulation (3)
- ED 675 Communications for School Leaders (3)
- ED 678 Managing Human and Material Resources (3)
- ED 680 Internship in Educational Administration (3)
|Caldwell University OPEDID||002598|
|Department of Education CIP Code for program:||13.0401|
|CIP Program Title and Definition||Educational Leadership and Administration, General – A program that focuses on the general principles and techniques of administering a wide variety of schools and other educational organizations and facilities, supervising educational personnel at the school or staff level, and that may prepare individuals as general administrators and supervisors.|
|Occupations Related to the program||
|Normal time to complete program||45 weeks or 3 semesters (based on full time enrollment = 9 credits per semester.)|
|Total estimated tuition and fee costs||$20,895 (21 credits at $995 per credit) $235 per semester enrolled|
|Book and supplies costs||Estimated at $600-$1000 per semester|
|Room and Board||not offered|
|Median Title IV Loan Debt||$ 6,665|
|Median Private Loan Debt||$ 3,900|