This program is intended for professionals with an M.A. in Counseling or a closely related field. Students take the courses they need to meet the requirements to obtain a School Counselor Certification from the New Jersey Department of Education, including a practicum experience in a school setting.
Academic programs for these students are developed based on a review of their official graduate transcript(s). The program coordinator and candidate will identify areas/courses needed to satisfy educational requirements for certification in New Jersey. For mandated areas and course distributions, see the program requirements for the M.A. in Counseling with School Counseling Specialization.
- Master’s degree in Counseling or a closely related field
- Official graduate transcript(s)
- Evaluation of official graduate transcript by the New Jersey Department of Education
- One letter of recommendation
Post-Master applicants who completed an M.A. in Counseling at Caldwell University
- Your graduate transcript will be obtained by Graduate Admissions from the Office of the Registrar
- Participate in an interview with the Program Coordinator in order to plan future coursework
- Letter of recommendation is waived