This program is designed for individuals who wish to pursue the New Jersey credential of Director of School Counseling Services. This endorsement qualifies the holder to serve as a director, administrator, or supervisor of school counseling services in grades PK-12.
The New Jersey Department of Education requires that applicants for this credential have a master’s degree, school counselor certification, and three years successful experience as a school counselor. The Caldwell University Post-Master program meets the state-mandated requirements for graduate coursework in the areas of administration, staff supervision, and curriculum development. (For more information on state requirements, consult www.nj.gov/njded/code/current/title6a/chap9.pdf, Subchapter 13.7.)
- New Jersey School Counselor certification or an equivalent out-of-state certification
- Master’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university
- Three years successful experience as a school counselor in grades PK-12
- Letter of recommendation from appropriate school professional
- Official graduate transcript(s)
- Personal Interview
- ED 650 Curriculum Leadership (3)
- ED 671 Foundations of Pre-K–12 Administration & Curriculum Supervision (3)
- ED 674 Education Law and Regulation (3)
- CPS 670 Principles of Counselor Supervision (3)
No additional notes provided.