This program is designed to meet the State of New Jersey certification requirements for the LDT-C Certification for applicants who have a master’s degree and three years of documented teaching experience with a STANDARD New Jersey Instructional Certificate.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 for program entry
- New Jersey certification in education and completion of three years documented full time teaching experience with a STANDARD New Jersey Instructional Certificate. Letter substantiating this should be submitted on letterhead of school district.
- Verification of an earned master’s degree through official transcripts
- Two professional references
- Submit a personal statement of a minimum of 2-3 pages describing reason for pursuing this graduate program in special education including what your career goals are for this area of specialization
- Personal interview
Post Master’s LDT-C Certification
3 years of teaching experience with a STANDARD certification are required to enter this program.
Required Courses (27 credits)
- ED 522 Application of Special Education Law for Students with Disabilities (3)
- ED 559 Assessment of Learning Disabilities and Instructional Planning Techniques Strategies for Students with Disabilities (3)
- ED 530 Adaptive Technology for Students with Disabilities (3)
- ED 535 Application of Brain Based Strategies for Students with Disabilities (3)
- ED 536 Special Reading Programs for Students with Disabilities (3)
- ED 540 The Special Education Teacher as Collaborator(3)
- ED 613 Methods of Research for LD and Instructional Strategies Based on Assessment (3)
- ED 614 Practicum in LDT-C (Minimum of 45 hours supervised field experience) (3)
- ED 615 Advanced Practicum in LDT-C II (Minimum of 45 hours supervised field experience) (3)
No additional notes provided.
Transfer of Graduate Credit
Caldwell University will accept the transfer of three graduate credits from another institution of higher learning provided the credits were completed within five years of previous graduate work. A description of the course must be submitted at the time of application. Acceptance is pending review of the course and submission of official transcripts to the program coordinator.