Calling All Sophomores!
You are officially invited to take…
THE SOPHOMORE CHALLENGE!
To Create a Personal Reflection on Your “Caldwell Experience”
Submission: March 25, 2019
Exhibition: April 10, 2019
11 AM-1:30 PM Student Center
Sophomore year is more than just the second year of classes. It is the time when you make decisions which will lead to blooming careers, make lifelong friends, and maybe explore a hidden talent. It can be an amazing and carefree time, without the stress juniors and seniors encounter, and you are no longer a confused freshmen. It’s your time to SHINE.
The Sophomore Challenge was created to give you an opportunity to SHINE – a forum where you will have the opportunity to showcase your talent and compete for a chance to be acknowledged by your peers, faculty and staff on campus.
CLICK HEREto see some of last year’s winners
Rules of Competition
- Using your favorite creative medium, express your Caldwell experience so far. Examples are:
- Essays (500-750 words)
- Videos (Dance, Music, Songs) – 3 minutes long (maximum)
- Artwork (drawing, photography, painting, sculpture, etc.)
- The project should be submitted for review by March 25, 2019 by clicking here.
- FINAL submissions must be display ready. Written pieces, photos and artwork must be framed, matted or otherwise prepared for public display. Please include a title for your piece.
- If you have any questions regarding the program, you can connect with one of the following people and get valuable suggestions:
Maureen McNish, Retention Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Christine Szeluga, Assistant Director, Career Planning and Development, email@example.com
Prizes will be awarded in two categories: “Sisters’ Choice” and “Fan Favorite”. First, second and third place winners in each category will win the following:
First Prize: Chromebook
Second Prize: Priority registration + $50 Gift Card (Barnes & Noble)
Third Prize: $75 Gift Card (Barnes & Noble)
SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY!
The Sophomore Challenge showcases a defining moment in a Caldwell student’s career. It’s a great time for positive change: students may reconsider and recommit to their own education and development.
This event will help students discover their own voice and let it shine for all to see. Through this new campus tradition, students will connect to Caldwell’s mission and core values through their chosen project.