WHAT DOES THIS AFFIDAVIT MEAN?
By completing this affidavit, you are swearing to the U. S. Government that this student will live with you free of any charge for room and food for every year he or she is studying at Caldwell University and living in the U. S. (The student cannot be required to provide you with any services such as, babysitting, cleaning, etc. in exchange for the room and board, as that in employment.) You are also proving that you are the person who owns or rents the property and can afford the support you are promising with the documents you have attached. Before signing it, you must understand that you are making a financial commitment to the student that should not be broken. Sponsors who fail to provide the promised support force students to drop out of school and cause pain and suffering. Do not expect that the student will be able to help support the costs through employment. Employment is strictly controlled by the Immigration Service and very limited.
HOW DO I COMPLETE THIS FORM?
- Complete this form in English.
- Attach the documentary evidence of support as explained below.
- Sign the affidavit in front of a notary public or other licensed official in your country.
HOW DO I DEMONSTRATE MY FINANCIAL CAPABILITY?
Prove that you are financially capable of providing this cash support for every year of the student’s program by attaching all the following documents. Documents must be: Photocopies or faxes and Current (less than two months old).
- Proof of Income. This must be on your employer’s business stationery, on income tax returns or receipts, or estimated by a bank or private accountant if you are self-employed. The income of a company will not be accepted as proof of income. You must provide an official statement of the salary paid to you or it must appear on tax returns.
- Photocopy of Your Deed, Lease or Rent Receipts to prove that you are the person who owns or rents the property.