DEGREE: Bachelor of Arts
|Liberal Arts Core||49 credits|
|Open Electives||38 credits|
NOTE: Social Studies and History majors must take BOTH HI101 and HI102 for their core.
Students Who Major In History Must Complete:
- HI 203-204 The Growth of the American Nation I & II
- One (1) courses in European history
- Two (2) courses in American history
- Two (2) courses in Global history
- Two (2) elective in history
- HI 492 Research Seminar
- HI 407 Colonial America OR
- HI 430 The Contemporary World OR
- HI 440 Recent America OR
- HI/PO 432 Contemporary Issues and Problems in World Politics
The department encourages history majors to take some courses in statistics and computer science. Although not required, the concurrent study of a modern language and the use of source materials in that language for student research is highly recommended. A reading knowledge of at least one modern language is necessary for graduate study in history.